BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Unread 01-16-2019, 03:53 PM
w1cked w1cked is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Joe77 View Post
From the article in reference to gaining while in a deficit... "your body will find a way to get bigger".

I need a new body. Cause mine won't
I have this overweight aunt who eats 500 calories of salad and still gains weight
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 01-16-2019, 05:23 PM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Meh. Helms has gone down this path too. It's usually a lot of weird assed math. Yea, studies show it happens.

Show me a guy getting sub 10% without losing weight and you've shown me a steroid user.

Hell, you can't even gain muscle at the same rate you lose fat EVER. The whole thing is gibberish.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 01-17-2019, 04:24 AM
w1cked w1cked is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
Meh. Helms has gone down this path too. It's usually a lot of weird assed math. Yea, studies show it happens.

Show me a guy getting sub 10% without losing weight and you've shown me a steroid user.

Hell, you can't even gain muscle at the same rate you lose fat EVER. The whole thing is gibberish.
Yeah it's in the new m&s pyramid. Overweight elderly population
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 01-17-2019, 07:08 AM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Yeah it's in the new m&s pyramid. Overweight elderly population
Yup, fat beginners it happens a lot

I've seen guys do this weird thing where they take the calorie intake and do some funky math with the energy quantity of one pound muscle vs. fat to remath it to being in a deficit or whatever.

Yeah, it happens. For a litle while. Nobody goes 1:1 if they are lean and trained. OR gets close.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 01-19-2019, 09:18 AM
monkey666 monkey666 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
How badly do you want connective tissue problems?

Because this is how you get connective tissue problems.
well i didn't think on that
but: 2x 2 days 4 sets = 8 reps a week
or
every day 1 a 2 sets = 8 a week is the same in my eyes.
(because workload a week is the same)

but now i read all the reactions here about Norwegian powerlifting and Menno henselmans where i never heard of it and did some reading...
And i guess now it was a stupid idea
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 01-19-2019, 10:49 AM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey666 View Post
well i didn't think on that
but: 2x 2 days 4 sets = 8 reps a week
or
every day 1 a 2 sets = 8 a week is the same in my eyes.
(because workload a week is the same)

but now i read all the reactions here about Norwegian powerlifting and Menno henselmans where i never heard of it and did some reading...
And i guess now it was a stupid idea
It's not the same. Two days/week gives your body FIVE days for connective tissue to adapt.

ever day gives it NONE.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 01-20-2019, 12:49 AM
zLeeKo's Avatar
zLeeKo zLeeKo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
It's not the same. Two days/week gives your body FIVE days for connective tissue to adapt.

ever day gives it NONE.
In my late intermediate stage, I experimented with full body DUP 4x week. Everything was great and fun, until I ended with tendinitis. And I'm 26, so...imagine if I was older.
__________________
"He never had the makings of a varsity athlete"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 01-23-2019, 11:36 AM
Salvatore Salvatore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 223
Default

I found training squats everyday was fine, reps/sets varied from 15x1 10x2 8x3 4x6. Flexibility was always good and was never really in pain joint wise. I tried doing this with bench & dips, my shoulders didnt last a week. I didnt have an issue with barbell military press though. No science, just anecdotal.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 01-23-2019, 11:50 AM
w1cked w1cked is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post
I found training squats everyday was fine, reps/sets varied from 15x1 10x2 8x3 4x6. Flexibility was always good and was never really in pain joint wise. I tried doing this with bench & dips, my shoulders didnt last a week. I didnt have an issue with barbell military press though. No science, just anecdotal.
That sounds reasonable imo. The shoulder joint is a helluva lot more finicky than others
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 01-23-2019, 10:10 PM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post
I found training squats everyday was fine, reps/sets varied from 15x1 10x2 8x3 4x6. Flexibility was always good and was never really in pain joint wise. I tried doing this with bench & dips, my shoulders didnt last a week. I didnt have an issue with barbell military press though. No science, just anecdotal.
The question then remains: why?

The Chinese squat heavily 2X/week tops. Coan squatted 1X/week.

Many of the strongest squatters on the planet have used low frequencies of squatting.

The entire fascination with X every day for lifters (when X isn't snatch or clean and jerk or something technical) is baffling to me. Just more Internet nonsense, a great way for most to get hurt because they don't understand that it only works if like 5 of those days are light.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.