BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-17-2018, 07:14 PM

Default Should I eat the same amount of protein on non-workout days?

Hi! I'm a category 2 female who's freshly begun PSMF. I've been going to the gym in the past, and I am looking to keep on going ~3-4x a week, using the recommended workout guidelines Lyle provided! At the gym, I'm planning on doing the full-body workout plus maybe 10-20 minutes low intensity cardio.

I have two questions:

1. By doing the full-body workout, does this put me in the "weight lifting" category for the PSMF when calculating my protein intake, even if I am not lifting very heavy (15-30 lbs, depending on the body part)?

2. Should I also eat the same amount of protein on the 3 days I am NOT planning on working out? Or should I eat as if I am "sedentary" on those days?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!
Unread 02-18-2018, 06:32 AM

1. Yes
2. Eat the same amount of protein every day

My ERFL log
http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=34596
Unread 02-18-2018, 02:50 PM

Thank you so much!
Unread 02-19-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaloum View Post
1. Yes
2. Eat the same amount of protein every day
Also, i'm sorry for the bother - but one additional question: if I were to stop working out completely anytime in the remaining duration of my fast (~5 weeks), would/should i cut down my daily protein amount to the amount recommended for the "sedentary" activity level?

Thank you so much!
Unread 02-20-2018, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mieur View Post
Also, i'm sorry for the bother - but one additional question: if I were to stop working out completely anytime in the remaining duration of my fast (~5 weeks), would/should i cut down my daily protein amount to the amount recommended for the "sedentary" activity level?

Thank you so much!
Of course. Though if you're concerned about muscle retention your best bet would be to keep the lifting in

My ERFL log
Unread 02-20-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Of course. Though if you're concerned about muscle retention your best bet would be to keep the lifting in
Yes, thank you! i'm definitely trying my best to keep the weight-lifting... however, i might have to go out of town for a week or two while on my diet plan, so i was curious as to how to manage that!

additionally, i've just been feeling so, SO tired and dizzy even though it's already been a week since i started! everyone has been mentioning taking electrolytes + water, which i've been doing, but the fatigue - especially in my arms - as well as the orthostatic hypotension seems to be sticking around, no matter what!
Unread 02-20-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mieur View Post
Yes, thank you! i'm definitely trying my best to keep the weight-lifting... however, i might have to go out of town for a week or two while on my diet plan, so i was curious as to how to manage that!

additionally, i've just been feeling so, SO tired and dizzy even though it's already been a week since i started! everyone has been mentioning taking electrolytes + water, which i've been doing, but the fatigue - especially in my arms - as well as the orthostatic hypotension seems to be sticking around, no matter what!
Make sure your electrolytes are sufficient and balanced. Also, multi/Fish oils, whole foods and short/intense workouts rather than prolonged. I felt the same when I lifted a bit too much and forgot my magnesium

My ERFL log
Unread 02-24-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Make sure your electrolytes are sufficient and balanced. Also, multi/Fish oils, whole foods and short/intense workouts rather than prolonged. I felt the same when I lifted a bit too much and forgot my magnesium
yes, i'm definitely making sure to take all of my multivitamins! i think it's also partly due to me already having lower BP, so mornings are TERRIBLE for me.

another quick question, if you don't mind: as i progress through my PSMF, should i recalculate my macros every week, based on my new weight/%? in your experience, do the macros you intake tend to fluctuate a lot as PSMF progresses?

thanks so much, as always, for your help!