BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Guide to Flexible Dieting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-01-2008, 09:14 PM

Default macros or calories?

Which is most important to meet?
Marcos or caloric deficit?

This goes back to my post last night about force eating. Lately, I feel like Ive been shoving things in my mouth I really dont want for the sake of meeting my macros, like protein shakes and meat....when really what I craved was a piece of fruit. I also find I eat when I am not hungry to meet my caloric goal for the day.

So would it be better to just eat the things I crave (like the fruit) and just let my caloric intake fall for a bigger deficit rather than try to force feed?
I just feel like force feeding seems wrong. I remember years ago I lost tons of weight by just eating stuff I like, but alot less of it with alot more NEAT and activity.
Unread 12-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Administrator

You can't separate the two. If you're not in a deficit, nothing else matters. If you are in a deficit, so long as you're meeting nutritional requirements, it won't matter much.
Unread 12-02-2008, 07:54 AM

that is what i thought but wanted to check. Because I can probably create a bigger deficit on those days that just dont "feel like" eating the protein requirements that I have built into my plan. I can actually skip those meals and just enjoy the bigger deficit for the day.
THanks
Unread 12-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlg1978 View Post
Because I can probably create a bigger deficit on those days that just dont "feel like" eating the protein requirements that I have built into my plan. I can actually skip those meals and just enjoy the bigger deficit for the day.
You misread his answer.

Hitting protein requirements DOES matter when in a deficit. "Don't feel like eating protein" is not a good idea.

Where have you set protein, and at what calorie level?
Unread 12-02-2008, 10:39 AM

There is a minimum level of protein you do need, which entirely depends on how many calories you are eating.

Less calories = higher demand for protein.. but this mostly only is applicable once calories are really low.

A good basic minimal intake is 2g/kg Lean Body Mass. I'm trying to eat that amount, no matter what else I eat for the day, but will bring protein intake up on other days, so generally this works out to be around 3g/kg LBM on average.
I dunno about you but if I hit less than 2g/kg LBM I'm either ill, am extremely busy as eating less protein than this I will feel like crap when I'm not sick.
Unread 12-02-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
You misread his answer.

Hitting protein requirements DOES matter when in a deficit. "Don't feel like eating protein" is not a good idea.

Where have you set protein, and at what calorie level?

1600 calories
140g protein
( I weigh around 140lbs)

I guess its just something I need to get over, but all that protein makes me sick to my stomach. I come from a vegan mentality and feel gross eating all that meat. Fish is OK, and I dont eat much dairy as its not "Paleo-friendly".
Unread 12-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlg1978 View Post
I dont eat much dairy as its not "Paleo-friendly".
Huge mistake - dairy is an important source of calcium. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
Unread 12-02-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Huge mistake - dairy is an important source of calcium. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
I am mixed on dairy.....but I do get whey protein, which comes from milk. I guess I can incorporate some yogurt or cottage cheese back in.......
Unread 12-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Administrator

The Paleo guys have some interesting ideas. Their ideas on milk/dairy happen to be wrong. There is a ton of data showing major health benefits form regular dairy consumption, above and beyond benefits on body composition.
Unread 12-02-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
The Paleo guys have some interesting ideas. Their ideas on milk/dairy happen to be wrong. There is a ton of data showing major health benefits form regular dairy consumption, above and beyond benefits on body composition.
My other reason for being mixed on dairy happens to be my 1 year old daughter. She tends to develop quite of bit of nasal discharge whenever she consumes either whole milk or milk-based formula, but the discharge stops when we omit it. I wasnt convinced at first, but Ive done enough trials to be convinced now............