BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-25-2011, 10:50 AM

Default Dieter's alcoholic drink

When I'm trying to limit my calories and have a social event where I will be drinking "some" alcohol, I usually have the drink described below.

Note: I make it a point to not drink prior to eating because I notice I might then overeat. If I'm going to a business related happy hour, I don't touch the finger foods. I'll have 1-2 drinks and make them last.

Dieter's Drink

-8 oz of club soda (I happen to like Topo Chico which is a club soda from Mexico)
-1 lime wedge
-1 lemon wedge
-1 or 1.5 oz of Vodka
-some ice is fine if the club soda is not already cold

Just squeeze the lime and lemon wedges into the club soda, drop the wedges into the cocktail drink and mix with the vodka.

This is a very refreshing drink when it's hot outside. Total cals are 70-100 depending on whether you use 1 or 1.5 oz of vodka. Compared to other alcoholic drinks, this is pretty damn good both taste wise (the caveat is that you're having decent vodka) and calorie wise.

Other benefits of vodka is that it won't make your breath stink and helps move along water retention, if you're having that kind of issue.
Unread 05-25-2011, 12:05 PM

I totally agree with this.
I wish I liked it as much as Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA.

Although I'm lazy and won't get as fancy as yours - I'll just buy lime flavored Poland Spring sparkling water, lemon flavored vodka, and splash them together.
Unread 05-25-2011, 12:10 PM

I don't like anything as much as I do a finely crafted beer.

But I find that blueberry vodka / club soda / very very small amount of orange juice goes down very nicely.
Unread 05-26-2011, 06:19 PM

Gin & 0 cal tonic water with loads of ice and a good squeeze of lemon also goes down a treat

Now and then at home I have a gin/vodka with a 0 cal lemon, lime & bitters premix (and always loads of ice) which is also very refreshing
Unread 05-26-2011, 09:56 PM

First, last, only warning: using gimmicks to bypass forum language rules will get you banned.---moderator
Unread 05-26-2011, 10:50 PM

Eating very low calories and high protein (basically psmf + some carbs), then drinking low calorie drinks isn't really anything magical to do with leangains, despite what over-hyped articles on the topic may maintain.

Last edited by david : 05-27-2011 at 03:49 AM. Reason: eliminate quoted violation of forum rules