BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 07-19-2011, 08:02 PM
amir85's Avatar
amir85 amir85 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 410
Default Sugar Free Instant Casein Pudding

Well I always like the taste of Jell-O's instant sugar free puddings. My two favorites are butterscotch and chocolate flavors. The original way of making it is by adding the whole packet to 2 cups of cold milk and stirring for a minute or two until completely dissolved. You could do the same with casein powder in place of milk to up the protein content and lower calories and carbs:
  • 1 Small packet of Sugar Free Instant Pudding
  • 1 Scoop of Casein powder (~30g)
  • 2 Cups of cold water
Put all in a blender and let in blend for 1-2 minute. Pour to a bowl and let it sit in the fridge for 5-10 minutes. Viola!

Nutritional fact:
200 Calories total
25g CHO
25g Protein
1g Fat
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 07-20-2011, 06:43 AM
clicker666's Avatar
clicker666 clicker666 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Posts: 250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amir85 View Post
Well I always like the taste of Jell-O's instant sugar free puddings. My two favorites are butterscotch and chocolate flavors. The original way of making it is by adding the whole packet to 2 cups of cold milk and stirring for a minute or two until completely dissolved. You could do the same with casein powder in place of milk to up the protein content and lower calories and carbs:
  • 1 Small packet of Sugar Free Instant Pudding
  • 1 Scoop of Casein powder (~30g)
  • 2 Cups of cold water
Put all in a blender and let in blend for 1-2 minute. Pour to a bowl and let it sit in the fridge for 5-10 minutes. Viola!

Nutritional fact:
200 Calories total
25g CHO
25g Protein
1g Fat
Sadly, they don't seem to have sugar free pudding around here, just low-fat.

I'd love to have sugar-free pudding as a nightime snack. Got sick of sugar-free Jello every night.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 07-20-2011, 08:37 AM
nadfubach nadfubach is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicker666 View Post
Sadly, they don't seem to have sugar free pudding around here, just low-fat.

I'd love to have sugar-free pudding as a nightime snack. Got sick of sugar-free Jello every night.
I'm in Canada too and I lived on the east coast at one time. I know they have Fat-Free Kraft Instant Pudding. It's sugar free. Check it out.
__________________
"Id rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 07-21-2011, 08:43 AM
TheFlyingDutchman TheFlyingDutchman is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Default

If you are doing RFL or just want to keep carbs low, find a decent casein powder and mix a small amount of water, stir until desired consistency. Putting it in the refrigerator/freezer really helps too.

I like MuscleFeast brand. It's cheap, and you can get completely unflavored (no sugar, sugar subs or flavorings) powder that you can doctor with some cinnamon, nutmeg, or whatever else. I like to add 1 tbsp of sugar-free chocolate syrup to 2 scoops (~55g of protein) and stick it in the fridge for 20 minutes. Musclefeast also has chocolate and vanilla (sweetened with sucralose) varieties.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 07-21-2011, 11:35 AM
amir85's Avatar
amir85 amir85 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingDutchman View Post
If you are doing RFL or just want to keep carbs low, find a decent casein powder and mix a small amount of water, stir until desired consistency. Putting it in the refrigerator/freezer really helps too.

I like MuscleFeast brand. It's cheap, and you can get completely unflavored (no sugar, sugar subs or flavorings) powder that you can doctor with some cinnamon, nutmeg, or whatever else. I like to add 1 tbsp of sugar-free chocolate syrup to 2 scoops (~55g of protein) and stick it in the fridge for 20 minutes. Musclefeast also has chocolate and vanilla (sweetened with sucralose) varieties.
Yup. You could go all Casein no pudding powder but then you really have to add 1/2 to 2/3 cup of cold water at most per 1 scoop of protein powder to get to a pudding consistency deliciousness!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 07-24-2011, 01:30 PM
grizzancs grizzancs is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9
Default

Interesting, we don't have any pudding powder here (in Hungary) which has either sugar or fat in it.

In fact, they contain only flavouring and corn starch, I do my puddings with normal corn starch and just works fine (altough this requires milk - probably the ones there need only water?)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 07-24-2011, 07:11 PM
clicker666's Avatar
clicker666 clicker666 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Posts: 250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicker666 View Post
Sadly, they don't seem to have sugar free pudding around here, just low-fat.

I'd love to have sugar-free pudding as a nightime snack. Got sick of sugar-free Jello every night.
Apparently, I was *pretending* to be stupid. Yes, if you don't put milk in it the recipe is decidedly low calorie. I completely forgot the casein was the "milk".

So it looks like I'm going to try something a little different.

I'm wondering if one could somehow incorporate greek yogurt or low fat cottage cheese into it....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 07-25-2011, 06:40 AM
nadfubach nadfubach is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicker666 View Post
Apparently, I was *pretending* to be stupid. Yes, if you don't put milk in it the recipe is decidedly low calorie. I completely forgot the casein was the "milk".

So it looks like I'm going to try something a little different.

I'm wondering if one could somehow incorporate greek yogurt or low fat cottage cheese into it....
Of course you could!

What I've done before - which is really good - is mix a few spoons of the pudding powder in with 1cup of greek yogurt. It flavours the greek yogurt and just makes it thicker.

Alternatively, I bet you could also mix some water in with it... so like 1 cup water, 1 cup greek yogurt and then the pudding powder.
__________________
"Id rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.