BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-26-2017, 09:45 AM

Default What foods do you guys bring in to work?

I'm looking to focus on upping my protein intake but keeping my calories under 2k a day to cut about 1 lb a week. I may even consider dropping to 1800 calories a day since my activity levels are terribly low (desk job + long commute daily). I don't lift weights at the moment I just do a combination of body-weight exercises and jog sometimes. I estimate I'm in the 15-20% body fat range so at 185lbs my lean weight is somewhere between 148lbs - 157lbs.

For a while now, I have been sort of guesstimating and not taking my diet all that serious (it can be seen in my journal I'm making very slow progress and going weeks without any noticeable progress) but I'm looking to get more serious and start planning ahead.

The question is in the title. What foods do you guys bring in to work? We have a very small fridge at work. It takes me about an hour and half to get to work. My aim would be to consume about 50 grams of protein for breakfast, lunch, and dinner to reach my calorie and protein goals.

Looking to fill in the blanks:

Breakfast total: 444 calories, 49 protein
3 eggs - 210 calories, 18 protein
1 scoop of Whey in water - 120 calories, 24 protein
1/4 cup of cheese - 114 calories, 7 protein

Lunch: ???

Dinner (If I'm making dinner than see below, if my spouse cooks its usually some type of fattier meat with veggies and rice..gotta be careful with rice)
100 grams of chicken - 165 calories, 31 protein
1-2 cups of brocolli - 50 calories, 0 protein
Greek Yogurt - 120 calories, 15 protein
Dinner: 335 calories, 46 protein
Unread 04-26-2017, 10:58 AM

I can get into more detail later, or PM me...

Breakfast:

Mix all of the below-

-1 - 2 cups of frozen fruit, defrosted
-1/2 - 1 scoop of Casein protein (chocolate is awesome)
-1/2 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
-1/2 TBSP peanut butter
-Fish oil

Snack:

-1/2 cup oatmeal
-1/2 scoop whey, 1/2 scoop casein
-1 Belvita biscuit crumbled into it
-Fish oil

Lunch:

-Entire bag of steam-in-a-bag frozen veggies
-~1 TBSP dressing (varies, but always real dressing)
-1.5 servings of Perdue chicken cuts (already cooked, just heat up)
-Joseph's Lavash wrap (smaller ones, ~110 calories each)

Snack:

-Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin English Muffin
-1 - 2 TBSP peanut butter

If I'm going for lower calories, I might drop the wrap, add a Quest bar in place of one of the snacks, and maybe drop the oatmeal/peanut butter and just have a scoop of protein powder.
Unread 04-26-2017, 11:43 AM

My co-workers seem to love it when I heat up salmon and other fish for lunch in the microwave and eat at my desk. I get lots of questions on what it is because the smell is so strong.

For reals though typical lunch is something I can meal prep on a Sunday and make 5 of at a time like today is 8oz of chicken, couscous and brussel sprouts and an apple afterwards. The only thing that will usually change is the amount of the couscous if I am dieting or not.

Breakfast wise if I am in a time crunch and eating at the office I just mix up a protein shake with some fruit & olive oil before I leave the house in the morning.
Unread 04-26-2017, 03:06 PM

Salad with cold chicken or pork tenderloin strips is easy quick and high protein /low cals. I have a cheap cooler bag and a frozen reusable icepack it has held up in my vehicle trunk in the summer for 6+ hrs keeping food cool.
Unread 05-06-2017, 07:51 PM

chicken breasts with spinach, onions and cherry tomatoes.

Or with a bit of salsa.
Unread 05-12-2017, 02:06 AM

Today I have...

1) Whey + honey nut cornflakes - eaten at desk
2) Container full of salad (mixed leaves, red pepper, cucumber, santini tomatoes, red onion), 1/2 can of tuna (eaten all my chicken breast I'd cooked on Sunday), cous cous with various herbs, spices and a stock cube. I stick it in a bowl at lunch time w/boiling water and leave it for a few minutes. Pink Lady apple - lunch hour
3) the other 1/2 of the tuna can, home-made bread, chilli sauce - eaten at desk
4) Quest bar and banana - rest day but got yoga after work so won't get home till 9pm.

Then I just have a decent sized dinner w/plenty of green veggies left to eat when I get home.