BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 04-28-2010, 02:43 PM

When will the book be out, any updates about it? Thanks.

Don't say six months btw. Always six months for anything
Unread 04-28-2010, 11:19 PM

Martin has mentioned now many times that it will be done by this year, I think that he intends to honour that promise this time (even said it on elitefts).

I'm half expecting it as a Christmas present, but hey, Martin may surprise us! After all, there is money in people's wallets (mine) that wants to be in his.
Unread 04-29-2010, 06:08 AM
Administrator

I told people I'd be done with my first book in 2 more weeks for a year.

Or haven't you ever had work done on the house.

You: When will the kitchen be done?
Them: Oh, 2 more weeks.

6 months later.....
Unread 04-29-2010, 07:21 AM

So I've been doing IF for 3-4 weeks now, eating 1st meal by noon or 1 pm, last one by 8 or 9pm. No particular goal of fat loss, just wanting to see how I'd feel, how I might find the convenience of no breakfast.

Very persistently I get strong hunger pangs around 10am. Even now, after close to a month of being perfectly consistent with the fast. I've been expecting some acclimation by now, and certainly some days are better, some worse. I'm just wondering if Martin, or anyone else has come across this.

And I never used to eat anything mid-morning. Breakfast for me has always been 6am, and then lunch around noon. So it's a strange time to get the hunger attacks, it seems to me.
Unread 04-29-2010, 08:30 AM

maybe yr body doesnt like it past the 12-14hr mark for the fast instead of 16hr.. I guess it might be an individual tolerance to the fast and not necessarily everyone does well with a 16hr one
Unread 04-29-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyex View Post
So I've been doing IF for 3-4 weeks now, eating 1st meal by noon or 1 pm, last one by 8 or 9pm. No particular goal of fat loss, just wanting to see how I'd feel, how I might find the convenience of no breakfast.

Very persistently I get strong hunger pangs around 10am. Even now, after close to a month of being perfectly consistent with the fast. I've been expecting some acclimation by now, and certainly some days are better, some worse. I'm just wondering if Martin, or anyone else has come across this.

And I never used to eat anything mid-morning. Breakfast for me has always been 6am, and then lunch around noon. So it's a strange time to get the hunger attacks, it seems to me.
Hunger pang(s) occur during the fast but disappear quickly. Its common. If its overwhelming you're doing something wrong or IF simply isn't for you.
Unread 04-29-2010, 09:00 AM

Thanks for the reply. I guess that's what I'm wondering, if I have a body type that just doesn't agree with going 14-16 hours without food. There's no particular reason to think I'm all that special, so I was curious how often you come across it.
Unread 04-29-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I guess that's what I'm wondering, if I have a body type that just doesn't agree with going 14-16 hours without food. There's no particular reason to think I'm all that special, so I was curious how often you come across it.
In the grand scheme of things how severe are the hunger pangs? I get them during fasting periods but I find simply keeping my mind occupied with other things and having a coffee gets me over it quite easily.

Everyone's different though, and I guess tolerance to hunger is an individual thing.
Unread 04-29-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I get hungry and dopey feeling around 11am. A cup of coffee at this time does wonders and I'm fine until I eat at 2pm.
Unread 04-29-2010, 12:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to akwaman

Quote:
I get the same thing at times, and it all seems to depend on how distracted I am. For example, if I'm in class and paying attention (or playing on my computer) I either don't notice them or they go away quickly. By contrast, if I'm sitting on my butt at work (desk job, answering the phone) and am quite bored, occasionally the hunger becomes quite unbearable (though I'm not averse to taking some EC to counteract that). I've also found that drinking a bit of Powerade Zero, which has small amounts of sodium and potassium, seems to help me get less hungry, as well as just generally feel better during the fast.
Closed Thread