BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-27-2018, 12:40 PM

Default How to avoid metabolic slowdown... refeeds...am I getting this right?

Just finished a 6 week intense calorie reduced diet and was able to drop about 15 pounds. (this was before reading RFL)

Now that I've read RFL I'm ready to start this program.

One thing I'm concerned with is metabolic slowdown. I've certainly noticed a slowdown in weight loss, but maybe that's just coincidence. Either way, a 2 week break to focus on maintenance calories according to the book sounds like a good plan. Once the break is over, I'm confused about refeeds.

Has there been new research since the book? Perhaps i'm reading an older version?

I'm currently category 2, I weigh 158, estimated to have 31.5% bodyfat. So when the diet begins, I give myself a 5 hour high-carb refeed 1x per week as well as a free meal 1x per week?

Keep in mind that I just had a baby and finally weaned off breastfeeding so I feel like my body is trying to get back to "normal" anyway... I just want to make sure i'm doing what is best to NOT damage my metabolism and make losing weight even harder.

Thoughts??
Unread 06-27-2018, 01:41 PM

ok.... so scratch that... I just watched the youtube video about refeeds revisited and I'm learning that a 5hour refeed will not help metabolic slowdown. SO I think I answered my own question.

So what I should focus on is the diet break as an opportunity to reset my metabolic rate?

I just don't want to damage my metabolism to the point where I feel like I'm still living on an extreme diet
Unread 07-11-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTeacher View Post
ok.... so scratch that... I just watched the youtube video about refeeds revisited and I'm learning that a 5hour refeed will not help metabolic slowdown. SO I think I answered my own question.

So what I should focus on is the diet break as an opportunity to reset my metabolic rate?

I just don't want to damage my metabolism to the point where I feel like I'm still living on an extreme diet
Yes, focus on diet break to repair metabolism. Instead of 5 hour refeed you can use a free meal to help you adhere to the diet mentally.