BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-11-2017, 12:27 PM

Default How does not meeting the protein quota affect the dieting?

Or does it?
Here's the full story: my soon-to-be-wife is on her first PSMF, and she's having difficulties in meeting her daily protein allowances.

She's getting about 135g of protein per day out of the full 160g due to food quirks (she can't eat turkey for whatever reason), or much chicken or too much of anything makes her unable to eat further (as in gets close to puking). Any white fish is prohibitively expensive.

However, she's making progress on an almost daily basis and is losing about 200g per day. I'm assuming this means everything is working as it should.
First week she lost 3,5kg (7,5 lbs).

Should we attempt, by nearly any means necessary, to get the full amount of protein in?

Thanks for the input!
Unread 08-11-2017, 05:42 PM

How much does she weigh, how tall, bf%, and what activity level and type does she have (I.e. Is she walking for exercise or lifting weights)?

If she's sufficiently over wieght like a cat 3 she may be fine for now until she gets to cat 2. You can get away with a lot as a cat 3. Have you guys explored supplementing with powdered protein? Could do small amounts of whey through out the day. Fast digesting and will clear the gut fast enough to not keep her full long. Whey is just an example, lots of different protein to choose from. I know my wife for one is partial to pea and plant proteins which don't keep you full for long.

As far as activity goes I'd say that if she's lifting weights or doing any HIT activity then she should probably be looking to at least hit those lower limits as outlined in the book.

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates
Unread 08-11-2017, 08:05 PM

I agree with all of the above. Whey protein is necessary on rapid fat loss IMO to hit the quota day after day.

Lyle is pretty specific that it should not be making up a large percentage of your diet, because I'm sure he's scared idiots would interpret it as him saying "eat nothing but whey" if he recommended it

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 08-12-2017, 01:50 AM

Thanks guys!

Yes, she's lifting weights a bit (used to do more before the diet, but very low energy currently and experiences burning way more than on slightly higher caloric intake) and yes we're supplementing with whey.
Most whey proteins that are available in Finland have carbs in them (averaging 2.5-3g per serving), so we'll just have to try and find one with minimal amounts.

She's 165cm tall and at about 38% when we started nearly two weeks ago, so we're approaching cat 2 soon.

Currently cat 3, so yeah. Good thing she's been doing a couple of keto-diets before and knows how it should feel, although she was a bit skeptical about this one at first, until I explained the idea.

Last edited by MånsRinne : 08-12-2017 at 02:00 AM. Reason: more details
Unread 08-12-2017, 02:38 AM

The leaner you get, the more sensitive the amount of protein intake becomes. She's only missing out on 25g of protein, it's not the end of the world.

However, I still think it's good practice to follow the guidelines. Not because it's absolutely mandatory in her current situation, but because it's a good way to learn how to implement protocols and become disciplined. Even though it might suck.
Unread 08-12-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
The leaner you get, the more sensitive the amount of protein intake becomes. She's only missing out on 25g of protein, it's not the end of the world.

However, I still think it's good practice to follow the guidelines. Not because it's absolutely mandatory in her current situation, but because it's a good way to learn how to implement protocols and become disciplined. Even though it might suck.
x2
Unread 08-14-2017, 02:06 AM

Yeah she's plenty disciplined, the problem is mostly her food hiccups.

If she eats too much of a thing, she basically can't eat it anymore without gagging and/or puking. Certain consistencies and foodstuffs are out of the question, such as turkey in any shape or form (don't ask, I have no idea).
So it's a delicate balancing act of getting enough without getting too much.

But hey, thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it!