BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-31-2017, 12:34 PM

Default Workout and protein.

Can I do full body workout 3 times per week? I'm currently doing 2-per week at the moment. I'm just so I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.ing bored, and would really love to add one more if it's not going to stop fat loss. I usually go to failure at each set, is that good or bad? Finally, should I only increase my protein on workout days or keep it the same every day.

Thanks as always, guys.
Unread 05-31-2017, 08:22 PM

I'd say go for it but maybe just do the lower end of each set recommendation each day. Obviously if you start to feel too fatigued, stop.

I did something similar awhile back except I did more of a TKD type of approach to the training where I would consume ~50g carbs pre workout and another 50g post workout. Ran it for 6 weeks to good effect. I also got rid of the free meal, so I suppose that saved me some room for the carbs on the workout days. I'm sure everyone on here is going to say "No don't do it. Follow Lyle's recommendations or it's not RFL anymore." That may be true, but do what's going to make you adhere the best.
Unread 06-01-2017, 12:16 AM

I'll preface this by saying I may be wrong so someone feel free to correct me.

I've run RFL many times with great success. I always felt since I was practically a beginner with weightlifting (took many years off) that I was fine lifting 3 days per week on rapid fat loss. My lifts weren't high enough to be extremely taxing on my CNS so I was able to recover.

As long as you aren't doing absurd volume I think you'll be okay and getting into the habit of going to the gym 3 days a week is a good thing.

Personally, I think my best results came when I went once every three days (Lift, rest, rest, lift, rest, rest) for several weeks. This works out to roughly 5 workouts every two weeks which is a nice compromise I think. This may not be as easy from adherence if you like to use the gym on specific days.

Bottom line: listen to your body and don't overtrain or do absurd amount's of cardio

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.