BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-16-2018, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
I don't know if vegans start with mental deficiencies or the B12 causes it or just makes the pre-existing problem worse.
Unread 03-16-2018, 07:35 PM

By the by, it's "yea or nay," not "yay or nay," since yea means yes, and yay means yay, or sometimes yippee. Yea and yay are homophones, also known as gay phones.

Last edited by squat : 03-16-2018 at 07:38 PM.
Unread 03-16-2018, 07:47 PM

Most of the vegans I know are also lesbians. Coincidence? They don't like any meat in their mouth but beef curtains. Ruby beef curtains.
Unread 03-18-2018, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
Most of the vegans I know are also lesbians. Coincidence? They don't like any meat in their mouth but beef curtains. Ruby beef curtains.

Ok ok ok...a crossfitting vegan atheist walks into a bar; which one does he tell everyone about first?
Unread 03-18-2018, 11:30 AM

It's funny because all the people I see who say meat is bad for are overweight.

I'd saying cutting meat is just propaganda. Some of the longest living people have meat in their diet, albeit in moderate amounts.
Unread 03-18-2018, 11:47 AM

Actually just read the ops post. Relying on wheat protein sounds terrible. Even a meat free diet with quality milk and egg proteins is more justifiable.
Unread 03-18-2018, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post

Ok ok ok...a crossfitting vegan atheist walks into a bar; which one does he tell everyone about first?
First he has to explain to everyone how he's a lesbian
Unread 03-19-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
It's funny because all the people I see who say meat is bad for are overweight.

I'd saying cutting meat is just propaganda. Some of the longest living people have meat in their diet, albeit in moderate amounts.
I've actually reduced the amount of meat I eat. Key word there is reduced, i.e. I still eat some. The rest of the protein comes from eggs, dairy (including protein powder), fish, beans, varying amounts from other foods.

I do think some people get carried away with the amount of meat they eat. But again, it's a middle of the road/balance kind of thing.
Unread 03-20-2018, 05:05 AM

I like meat, but 75% of my protein comes from dairy. It's the vegans. And dairy-free pescetarians. They are insane lesbians - even the men - because they will not consume dairy. Dairy is delicious. I am a chef at a healthy-leaning restaurant. I create all kinds of wild dairy-free specials for various fish sets, my least favorite proteins. I think this is creating a rift between me and dairy-free humanity. I go home to my milk. I eat red meat and pastries. This is a diet for pleasure. I give others pleasure with a diet I deplore. Theirs is supposedly healthier, and yet I'm the fit and ripped one.
Unread 04-17-2018, 07:36 AM

I've seen alot of evidence scientifically of the health benefits of vegan diets, especially on heart disease and cholesterol, and e.g. it's the only diet proven to reverse heart.disease I believe.

I was then pretty sure that going vegan was one of the best healthy ways to eat, provided obviously that you made sure to eat varied for getting proper vitamins/minerals and taking supplements for the rest e.g. B12.

Lyle mcdonald has for many years been my "go-to-guy" for anything scientific in regards to diet/training/health, so I thought to myself that i'd better check that Lyle himself agrees with this, and I got the exact opposite and that he considers them as having an eating-disorder!

As someone who goes so strictly by the scientific research, then how can you say this, please? Obviously, with any diet, you need to eat varied to not get malnourished, but that goes the same with veganism no?

Lastly, could I please ask if it's in Lyle's opinion only because of the reduction in saturated fat that there is healthy research made for vegans? Because i'm not vegan and just eat low fat meat like chicken breast and tuna, and use healthy oils/fish-oil for fat and wholegrain carbs, and I get enough calcium from 100g whey per day, and was then thinking if that was just as healthy, then i'd prefer continuing this, than to going vegan. OK, the veggies/fruits i'm sure help vegans also, but that could too be added to the diet I presented above that i'm following.

Thanks in advance!

-Martin.

Last edited by mhertz : 04-17-2018 at 08:28 AM.