BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Guide to Flexible Dieting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-12-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstrong View Post
Can you eat oats? Will you have access to a microwave or hot pot?

Barring that, you might check out backpacking stores for dehydrated or freeze-dried veggies. (Or, I suppose, dehydrate your own, but that's time consuming even if you happen to have access to a dehydrator.) Dried fruits are easier to find, obviously, but refeeding on dried fruit would likely give you worse diarrhea than the local gut glitch.
Great suggestion about the freeze dried vegetables, thank you. I didn't know there was such a thing.

I found this link: http://newhope360.com/food/try-freeze-dried and it looks like this will be a good option to consider.

To answer your first question, yes, pretty much all hotel rooms I've stayed at have a hot pot for tea or a drip coffee machine. Instant oats is also a very good suggestion.
Unread 02-12-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad Hensley View Post
Where do you go?

I spent a few weeks in Israel. Some of the best food I've ever had in my entire life.

As long as you don't go over your maintenance calorie requirements by a wide margin you won't magically gain body fat.

Don't sweat it and enjoy yourself.

Remember that stress is probably worse for you than not having a perfect diet.
Thank you, Conrad.

I usually do 6-8 trips a year lasting 1-3 weeks to mostly non-North American or Western European countries and want to be careful about the fat intake management.

I couldn't agree more with you about the stress being worse than trying to maintain the perfect diet -by definition an unattainable goal. It's so easy to over consume calories at restaurants and I'm aware that I have certain trigger foods that cause me to over eat; therefore, I'd like to plan as much as possible to simply do a great deal of portion control at the restaurants and consume the balance of calories while in the hotel room in the morning and in the evening.