BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Guide to Flexible Dieting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-06-2011, 03:56 PM

Default Amount of fat during a break

Hi guys!

I write you to ask if there's any limit on the amount of fat during a break of the diet. I'm taking 2 weeks of breaking my diet, I have set up my diet, and have to eat more fat than I though to arribe to maintenance calories. I used the values that Lyle suggest in the book.
I'm talking about 60g of fat or so, but is preferable that I eat more CH in order to reduce my fat intake?
I ask this because in one article, where Lyle talks about setting a diet, he uses 0.22-0.33 g/lb to get the diary fat intake, and in my case this would be 48g of fat.
I know that this article is about setting a fat loss diet but, I prefer to ask it before doing, jejje.

Thanks!
Unread 04-06-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marneus View Post
Hi guys!
I used the values that Lyle suggest in the book.
Going out on a limb here, but I'm wondering if there's a reason it is in the book. I mean, beyond pure amusement value for Lyle, obviously.
Unread 04-06-2011, 08:57 PM

It depends on your total calorie needs how much fat you can squeeze in. Say for example you're 200lbs with 3000 calories maintenance. 300g protein, 1200 calories right there. Minimum of 150g carbs, so 600 calories there, 1200 + 600 = 1800, so you have a spare 1200 calories you can get from fat if you want, making it 133g of fat, or 0.65g/lb. So as long as you're getting the minimum 150g of carbs and enough protein (1-1.5g/lb), I don't see any issue making the rest fat.
Unread 04-07-2011, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popupwindow View Post
It depends on your total calorie needs how much fat you can squeeze in. Say for example you're 200lbs with 3000 calories maintenance. 300g protein, 1200 calories right there. Minimum of 150g carbs, so 600 calories there, 1200 + 600 = 1800, so you have a spare 1200 calories you can get from fat if you want, making it 133g of fat, or 0.65g/lb. So as long as you're getting the minimum 150g of carbs and enough protein (1-1.5g/lb), I don't see any issue making the rest fat.
ok! I'm using 1 g/lb LBM of protein for non training days and 1'25 for training days. I was thinking on using eating only 100g carbs for rest days, but probably it's best to eat 150 and the rest coming from fat, jejeje. thanks!
Unread 04-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Banned

what does jejeje mean?
Unread 04-10-2011, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse View Post
what does jejeje mean?
I used "jejeje" 'cause I'm spanish and here it means a laugh, like "LOL" ;-)
Unread 04-10-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marneus View Post
Hi guys!

I write you to ask if there's any limit on the amount of fat during a break of the diet. I'm taking 2 weeks of breaking my diet, I have set up my diet, and have to eat more fat than I though to arribe to maintenance calories. I used the values that Lyle suggest in the book.
I'm talking about 60g of fat or so, but is preferable that I eat more CH in order to reduce my fat intake?
I ask this because in one article, where Lyle talks about setting a diet, he uses 0.22-0.33 g/lb to get the diary fat intake, and in my case this would be 48g of fat.
I know that this article is about setting a fat loss diet but, I prefer to ask it before doing, jejje.

Thanks!
I did the UD2 for 10 weeks and ended it 4 weeks ago. Looking back to my last 2-3 weeks I ate an average 3000 calories, mostly carbs (average 350-400 grams, mostly starches).

On the last day of the UD2 my weight was 66,8 kg. Today I weighed myself again which usually was under the same physical circumstances and at the same daytime. My weight today was 67,4 kg. In conclusion, it seems I regained back 600 grams which seems not much.

Before the UD2 I weighed 69,6 kg (at 175 cm).

I guess it is body fat since I'm not that shredded anymore. But I still look good and I feel much better over the day and in my workouts.

(I'm not sure but I think it is possible I have an overactive thyroid, maybe caused by 10 weeks of ephedrine. I am always hungry, especially for carbs, I sweat a lot (heat intolerance??) and it seems I do not gain any or at least not much weight/fat. I will consult my endocrinologist in 10 days to get T3/T4/TSH and other related values checked.)

Last edited by maja : 04-10-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Unread 04-10-2011, 07:47 PM

more likely it is just water.