BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Guide to Flexible Dieting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-11-2012, 06:46 AM

Default blood sugar questions

I seem to not do that well with carbohydrates at times but I was wondering if that is just do to my lower intake in general making me more fat adapted.

For instance a few weeks ago I thought I would play with a low fat, higher carb and protein diet as in a rather standard body building diet.

So after about a half day of eating some carbs (maybe 150g of yam and buckwheat with protein) my blood sugar nose dives. The next day it crashed 20 minutes after eating just a whey protein shake. I had not had any blood sugar issues for most of the year.

I am one however that cannot eat carbs and then start training on my bike (and coffee compounds this) without my blood sugar dropping at exactly 20 minutes. I would just start at the 20 minute mark and be great.

I had a big surprise yesterday when I did a day long re-feed starting with coconut water ( 3 cans actually) and a banana and continued on until I was more than 650g before bed and I felt GREAT all day. Rock solid blood sugar etc.

What gives with my inability to eat smaller amount well but yesterday was great? Is it just that I kept eating so my sugar never had a chance to drop?

I still feel great this morning and not mega hungry like I thought I might be after eating all that (the more I eat the hungrier I am...)