BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-24-2018, 12:20 PM

Default Anybody suffered issues like this on RFL/ERFL.

So for some reason, my bodies fighting back at my extreme attempts at fat loss which used to work wonders for me 4 years ago.

I’m currently on an ERFL stint. 3rd day.. I’ve gained 4lbs from the beginning and I look so unaesthetic it’s actually scary lol. Now rewind back 3 months I done a normal 11 day RFL stint.. once again, I looked like a whale throughout.. but with both of these extreme periods of dieting, I trusted the process. I can only assume this is cortisol?

A) why all of a sudden has my body decided to react like this when years ago I would notice getting considerably leaner on a daily basis. Is it because I’m constantly dieting after every couple of months or so?

B) i noticed after my last rfl stint the water didn’t go away after a refeed day. (I barely touched maintenance, just introduced two carb meals) .. now was this a pathetic attempt at a refeed or does cortisol induced water retention take time to go away.

This sucks guys. I’m going Croatia this weekend.

Last edited by Taytay100 : 04-24-2018 at 12:23 PM.
Unread 04-27-2018, 02:08 AM

Iíd just like to add something here as Iíve recently been doing more reading on diet breaks.

A full diet break is something in which Iíve never done. I know I know itís stupid of me to do all these extreme styles of dieting with no consistent period of eating at Maintenance. With me itís always been stop start in terms of deficit surplus. Bare in mind Iíve done quite a few stints of both rfl and ERFL in the past few years.. basically my diets have always been aggressive. Could not having a proper diet break screw me in the long run? Also, why 10-14 days? Is that the time it takes to turn everything back in my favour? So leptin cortisol etc.. Iíve been on a diet break for around 5 days now and Iím still carrying a hefty amount of water noticeable under my eyes, stomach, ankles and lower back. I really hope someone could shed some light on this. Thank you
Unread 04-27-2018, 07:36 AM

I was so sure you haven't done a proper diet break before your second post
Read:

https://bodyrecomposition.com/fat-lo...et-break.html/

https://bodyrecomposition.com/fat-lo...-gaining.html/

Give a maintenance period a real chance before your next extreme approach. You've been basically wrecking your hormones which negatively affects metabolism and your body's tendency to gain/lose

PS Unfortunately not much u can do right now, I mean within a day so relax and enjoy your trip to Croatia.

My ERFL log
http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=34596

Last edited by alaloum : 04-27-2018 at 07:39 AM.
Unread 04-29-2018, 10:10 AM

Diet breaks are essential, far too many people think they can skip diet breaks and just "push through" with will power etc, i used to be guilty of this my self in the past, skipping diet breaks ALWAYS backfires, Not only dose it make the PSMF hell but it makes sticking to maintenance after the diet just as hellish and near impossible. and its the reason so many people find them selves regaining weight.

i used to think i only need a few days break to satisfy my cravings and ill jump right back into it only to learn the hard way it doesn't work like that. You need a prolonged diet break for everything to normalize again for cravings to return to normal etc, I don't know what physiological stuff is going on during this time but i know from experience from the way i feel. At this point i can tell when i need a diet break and when i am ready to go again, its something that comes with experience.

Diet breaks are also important to learn how to eat at maintenance, and not just finish PSMF go and eat all you want for a few months only to then think i need to diet again because i got fat. Yo Yo dieting is the worst thing you can do to your body, you want to reduce your weight, maintenance your new weight for a while, and repeat until you are at your goal weight.
Unread 04-29-2018, 10:18 PM

How long since you last dieted before this? If you're gaining weight it sounds like you need a diet break.

With the low carb, you really should be down a bunch already so it is very odd that you are up.

In the many times Ive done RFL (20+) Ive never experienced weight loss.
Unread 06-10-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg10587 View Post
How long since you last dieted before this? If you're gaining weight it sounds like you need a diet break.

With the low carb, you really should be down a bunch already so it is very odd that you are up.

In the many times Ive done RFL (20+) Ive never experienced weight loss.
Never in 20 times.

You may consider visiting a doctor. There's this thing called the law of thermodynamics that makes that claim way outside a normal population. Like multiple standard deviations outside. Highly non-probabilistic, but possible.