BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-15-2014, 01:45 PM

Default "Tongue-Mesh for Weight Loss"

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/tongue-mesh

Unread 02-15-2014, 01:46 PM

Meant to post this in "Miscellaneous Discussion"

Contacting mod.
Unread 02-15-2014, 01:54 PM

I'd love to see that log.
Unread 02-15-2014, 01:56 PM

Hahaha!
Unread 02-15-2014, 09:44 PM

Anything to not have to diet, exercise, or exert any form of self-control, am I right!?

Seriously though. That crap is jacked. That has to hurt. Reminds me of when I got a tongue ring (no I don't still have it) and was forced to very painfully drink slim fast for two weeks until it healed enough to let me eat regular food.
Unread 02-16-2014, 09:58 AM

Yeah, it's brutal.

A friend of mine was telling me about her friend's mother who got gastric bypass. The woman who had the surgery started off quite large, and of course, over time lost some weight.

However, my friend noted that she really never lost it all and was still quite plump in spite of having her stomach tied up. What my friend told me is that this woman will usually eat very calorie dense foods until she starts feeling pain (which is apparently what GB will do).

Either way; her weight hasn't budged in recent times which is a shame because not only did she spend thousands to have the surgery performed but she now is reminded that it hurts to eat... plus she still has plenty of weight left.

What I suspect is she naturally found the sweet spot of homeostasis. Eat just enough of the "right" things which pack a caloric punch which is either putting her at maintenance or surplus cals.
Unread 02-16-2014, 11:28 AM

I don't know how anyone stomachs doing gastric bypass or even the less severe surgeries. ANY surgery that's going to literally cut out a part of my organ and hasn't been around long enough for us to see the results of it 50 years from now, that isn't a surgery I want to be having, thanks very much.

I guess I could see it if they were literally going to either get their weight in check very soon or die from the results of their obesity. But people who do it just because they're very overweight and want to lose the weight quickly, I just can't grasp that. You are screwing yourself over for the rest of your entire life just to get rid of weight more quickly now. You are literally removing a very essential part of your internal digestive tract instead of choosing to get a damn grip on what you put in your mouth. Not to mention that what you're left with is hundreds of pounds' worth of loose skin and sagging that hasn't had time to catch up and will probably have to be surgically removed. How does anyone choose that??

It's clearly beyond me. Tongue mesh isn't as bad but it's on the same track.
Unread 02-18-2014, 08:03 AM

Ewww... I pierced my tongue once quite by accident. I was mowing the lawn when I discovered a new rabbit hole. As it collapsed under me I bit through my tongue. As I recall, I followed a liquid diet for about a week to let it heal up.

This mesh thing seems like a licence to print money. Mesh install - free. Mesh removal - a bunch of money.

Shakes fist at Irish side of family!
Unread 02-18-2014, 11:29 AM

There was a segment on "Nightline" about three women who used this procedure last year:

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/vide...-diet-19943070