BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-08-2014, 03:49 PM

Default How often and how long cycle off with ephedrine for appetite suppression?

Hi guys. As i said above if i'm only interested in the appetite suppression effect, how often and how long should i cycle off with ephedrine? Searching around this forum i found two different answers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles.Buckley View Post
If I recall correctly from a VERY old paper I read on the subbject a ten day break eliminates the long-term adaptations (this is the extra metabolic enhancement effect) and twenty days for the short-term effects (appetite suppression) to be fully restored.

What this means is you'll be back at square one for the 'extra' metabolic boost associated with long term usage.

have you tried adding a gram of L-tyrosine with our dose?
Quote:
Originally Posted by affine View Post
This.

I had been a fan of the anorectic properties for quite some time, and while they're still at least somewhat present after building up a tolerance, I'd definitely cycle it if you prefer the hunger-blunting effects more than whatever long-term effects there are.

I have no idea how long the optimal break is for it, but I personally find with myself that if I don't take it for even just 3-4 days, the anorectic effects will be noticeable for at least a week after starting back up.
Note that I have zero proof to back that up. Something else to consider is that I can't take more than two doses per day or I get mad insomnia.

Nowadays I don't usually take breaks from it. I figure I'll get hungry eventually when dieting, and there's little I can do to prevent that.

So, who is right? Thank you guys.
Unread 02-09-2014, 03:53 PM

Bump.
Unread 02-10-2014, 08:27 AM

I can't answer your question regarding cycling. However, I can second the recommendation in the first quote you referenced - try adding L-Tyrosine. That restarted the 'appetite suppressing' effects for me.
Unread 02-10-2014, 10:29 AM

depends upon the individual