BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Unread 08-17-2018, 02:57 PM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,170
Default

The more I see coming out about this thing, the more pathetic it gets.

Apparently he says that he knew IF wasn't magic the whole time but he knew too much.

He better refund every $1500/month coaching fee he ever took since he suer made it sound like it was magic to charge taht kind of money.

In something jsut now he's saying taht the ad copy, while his is unfortunate. Rushed and ranting. Talk about mea culpa after the fact. 10 years to write the book and wroet ad copy he KNEW would get people to buy.

Saying that critics who say that the use of secrets is incorrect are wrong since it's in the research or some such.

No, just no, that's a strawman.

just existing in the research doesn't make it a secret if literally everybody knows about it. Andro was a secret before Pat made people aware of it and I have papers I appear to be the only one to have ever read. Those are secrets

the thermic effect of protein, caffeine and benefits of weight training are not a 'secret supplement to burn off an extra half pound'.

This is simply pathetic.
  #12  
Unread 08-17-2018, 03:06 PM
LightCrow LightCrow is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,013
Default

I don't know if I would trust his research too much he used that old study about 31 cals per day per lb of fat as not a good reason to push deficit too much if you're extremely lean.
  #13  
Unread 08-17-2018, 04:20 PM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
I don't know if I would trust his research too much he used that old study about 31 cals per day per lb of fat as not a good reason to push deficit too much if you're extremely lean.
He probably just read teh decade old article I wrote about it that I now know is garbage.

Meh, whatever. It's a crapped out cash grab generic fat loss book that he has sold under false pretenses. He became a guru ages ago and this is just the final step.
  #14  
Unread 08-17-2018, 05:34 PM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,170
Default

I have been informed that the lack of IF information ina book titled along a method that might as well be SYONYMOUS with IF is defended with

"yeah he even says Ďoh 16/8 fasting is a bonus tool if you want to use it but itís not based on science. The rest of the lean gains method isí ó paraphrased."

Leangains is synonymous with 16/6. I have seen studies CITE Leangains when discussing or studying IF.

This is just a big pathetic joke.
  #15  
Unread 08-17-2018, 06:40 PM
squat squat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
I have been informed that the lack of IF information ina book titled along a method that might as well be SYONYMOUS with IF is defended with

"yeah he even says ‘oh 16/8 fasting is a bonus tool if you want to use it but it’s not based on science. The rest of the lean gains method is’ — paraphrased."

Leangains is synonymous with 16/6. I have seen studies CITE Leangains when discussing or studying IF.

This is just a big pathetic joke.
What's the rest? Carb cycling? Does he still train fasted? I always thought it was pointlessly neurotic. And that's his market, pointlessly neurotic people. Now he's like, "well, I was just being neurotic, here's some common sense for sale."

16/6 is a neat trick, because you eliminate two hours of time/existence every day, and still end up looking like Martin Berkhan.
  #16  
Unread 08-17-2018, 07:01 PM
w1cked w1cked is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,904
Default

I ain't reading this book but the kiddies on reddit make it seem to be a high protein (or 4g/kg limit in high tdee people) with rpt with his background cancer father blabla and reorganized website articles thrown in. Just some rehashed and non novel ebook written kinobody style. I still have no idea what revelations people were expecting. IF is a Greta took if it jives with your physiology/psychology but goddamn people are married to this concept. I like it because its convenient given my work hours and what no but I'll be damned it I recommend to everyone across the board.
  #17  
Unread 08-17-2018, 07:21 PM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
What's the rest? Carb cycling? Does he still train fasted? I always thought it was pointlessly neurotic. And that's his market, pointlessly neurotic people. Now he's like, "well, I was just being neurotic, here's some common sense for sale."

16/6 is a neat trick, because you eliminate two hours of time/existence every day, and still end up looking like Martin Berkhan.
Apparently it's none of that

high protein intake
meal frequency doesn't matter, eat whenever
too much caffeine
reisstance training
  #18  
Unread 08-17-2018, 07:22 PM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
I ain't reading this book but the kiddies on reddit make it seem to be a high protein (or 4g/kg limit in high tdee people) with rpt with his background cancer father blabla and reorganized website articles thrown in. Just some rehashed and non novel ebook written kinobody style. I still have no idea what revelations people were expecting. IF is a Greta took if it jives with your physiology/psychology but goddamn people are married to this concept. I like it because its convenient given my work hours and what no but I'll be damned it I recommend to everyone across the board.
Oh I dunno, maybe outline what supposed magic program he was using that was worth $1500/month. I was genuinely looking forward to him outlining these supposed adjustments he made. Not crapping out the most generic fat loss thing ever and using his name/abs to sell it.
  #19  
Unread 08-17-2018, 07:47 PM
LightCrow LightCrow is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,013
Default

His big secret if you can call it is emphasizing protein so you can eat more and get a 20% thermogenesis of the calories. There’s no more major shifts in calorie from training to fasted days except for an additional piece of fruit post workout.
  #20  
Unread 08-17-2018, 08:38 PM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
His big secret if you can call it is emphasizing protein so you can eat more and get a 20% thermogenesis of the calories. Thereís no more major shifts in calorie from training to fasted days except for an additional piece of fruit post workout.
Wow, eat more protein. How very.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.