BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-23-2017, 12:25 PM

Default F/Cat2 - RFL log 2 (2017)

Having done RFL back in 2015 I am looking forward to doing another round of it. I managed to maintain the weight loss until last august when I had surgery and was out of action for quite some time - in terms of exercise.

Once I was allowed to I did some running, lots of walking but only started really working out (lifting weights) again 4 weeks ago. Also, due to some of the medication I am on I have been quite hormonal and been riding the waves with the help of alcohol and the killer combo of carbs and fat! Which brings me to my current state: bloated and even my underwear feel tight

Soooo, here I am logging again so I can feel accountable!

I have started the diet on Monday but wasn't sure I'd be logging it and if I am honest I was a bit anxious about the commitment to it so haven't weighted myself yet. I will step on the scales tomorrow morning and update my stats with goals and plans...

The plan so far is to do a short run like 3-4 weeks and take a week break.
Unread 03-24-2017, 05:22 AM

Ok, so stats for this first week are:

I will consider day 1 as Tuesday 21/03 although Monday I ate accordingly until late evening I had some ice cream.

day 1 - Work out + free meal
day 2 - diet 100%
day 3 - diet ok, maybe a bit high on fat, need to keep an eye on it
day 4 - weighted myself finally: 78.8kg.

My scale says I have 27% bf at this point but who knows. I definitively still have a lot of muscle from my powerlifting background and even though I stopped lifting for 6 months I am amazed to see that 1. muscle didn't melt off and 2. muscle memory is awesome and I if I were not on this diet I could be back to full strength in another month - so basically 2 months to go back to similar strength levels to pre operation me.

I am looking to get to ~75,74kgs. Knowing my body is very attached to its fat I am expecting to get to ~76kg in 3 weeks then take a week break than come back to it and get to 74kg.
Unread 03-27-2017, 05:08 AM

Day 7
Had a weekend filled with social gatherings so was unable to refeed and instead I had a free meal that included a glass or two of prosecco and dessert.

Not as planned but not off the rails so I am satisfied overall.

I am averaging 100gr of protein and that hasn't been a problem... the problem comes when I sneak some bites of a quest bar, some tomatoes with my chicken or a bit of peanut butter with my greek yogurt = carbs and fat are end up on the high side rather than close to zero. Will try to be more strict this week.

day 1 - Work out + free meal.
day 2 - diet 100%
day 3 - diet ok, maybe a bit high on fat, need to keep an eye on it
day 4 - weighted myself finally: 78.8kg.
day 5 - free meal instead of refeed
day 6 - diet 100%
day 7 - 78.2kg (scale flashed 77.8 but seemed to settle at 78.2)

Basically because I don't know my initial weight for sure can't say what the loss was exactly but I assume it was ~1kg. Which is right per previous experience with this diet. I never had a bigger whoosh like some have initially with the water loss. Onto the next 7 days towards 77kg!!!
Unread 03-28-2017, 05:03 AM

Day 1 Week 7

I woke up starving and felt much leaner this morning, like I was about to have a whoosh but then the scale told me otherwise. I have to focus on the fact that it is about the overall trend instead of giving too much power to the scale, so it won't bring me down! FOCUS!

Since the past week I had 2 free meals and no proper refeed I will do a refeed today, around my workout time. I wish I had cooked ahead for this refeed but as I have meetings, doctor appointment and a dinner at a friend's house I'll have to wing it the best way I can. Not sure if I should step on the scale tomorrow as it could lead to disappointment... mmm... will probably make the decision in the morning according to my hormonal mood
Unread 03-29-2017, 06:28 AM

Week 2

1 Day post first refeed and I did weigh myself! Ahhhhhhh!!!!! Got ALL the weight back up...

BUT I have been here before and I know it's water weight, I KNOW!! It goes down within a day or two, and I won't let it affect my resolve. Also, I haven't emptied my bowels, who knows what's sitting there

On the bright side I had a great squat session, nothing like pre op weights but in post op context I am happy.

Back to starvation mode!
Unread 04-07-2017, 05:25 AM

It's been a while since logging here but life just threw a lot of lemons...

Diet is fine, refeed was amazing, weight/fat loss as usual slower than expected but on track.

Today is Week 3 Day 4 - weight 77kg (approx -2.5kgs)

I'm looking forward to end week 3 around 76.5kg!! Fingers crossed!

I will more than likely not be dieting 100% over the easter holidays and am trying to calm myself down and be okay with gaining water weight back. I will try to stay as close as possible within the parameters of the diet though. I will consider it a small diet break I think

Onwards and forwards!
Unread 04-08-2017, 01:29 PM

Checking in on your progress here I hope you get that 76.5 kg you're after this week.

At this point I'm planning on dieting over the Easter holiday. I'd like to be under 235 by Easter before my next free meal... I don't much care for the "traditional" fare we usually have on Easter--ham, pierogi, polish sausage, so I can forego that. I'm using my free meal for a fish fry & piece of lemon meringue pie! Good luck to you over the mini-break.
Unread 04-08-2017, 07:35 PM

Just found your thread, you should be at goal within 2 weeks I'd think!

I started at 80.28kg (177lbs) and after two and a half imperfect weeks I'm down to 75.75kg (167lbs). I'm around 27% BF as well.

I tried to do my carb refeed today by using only oatmeal so I wouldn't over do it...fail lol 300g of carbs is a crap ton of oatmeal!

Good luck!
Unread 04-29-2017, 07:55 AM

It's been a good two weeks since I logged, but am back! And if you're reading this, brace yourself for a long post, the thinking out load kind of post!

I ended Week 3 at 76.5kg which was what I planned and expected so was happy with that!!

Week 4 I had a 4 day easter holiday which was totally a diet break then came back home and unexpectedly and amazingly I got an opportunity to go to NY for another 4 days last weekend . So basically by the time I 'flushed' the water gain (approx 1.5kgs) from easter weekend I went to NY.

Week 5 started with 2 diet days and then the 4 days in NY which included 2 half assed diet days and 2 incredible days of eating incredible american food (basically until feeling sick which coming from max 900cals doesn't take that much haha)!

Week 6 day 1 was Tuesday, the day I landed back from NY.
On Wednesday I was weighing 78kgs, feeling very bloated. On Thursday I was at 77kg and following morning 76kgs. Since then been fluctuating between 76-76.5kgs again. So yeah, the bloat and the whoosh are real!
I'm now either at Week 6 day 5 or thinking of referring to it as Phase 2 Week 1 day 5 since for the past 2 weeks I pretty much took an 8 day diet break

Anyway, whatever it is I am at 76.4kgs today. My challenges/plan for the next week/days are:

- Tomorrow I will have a free meal at my friend's birthday lunch and Tuesday would be free meal or refeed but next weekend I have a birthday weekend getaway with a full on dinner on Saturday soooo my options are:

Plan A (ideal) is to have free meal tomorrow (Sunday) than refeed say Wednesday and consider Saturday dinner a free meal while making sure I am on the diet for the rest of the weekend.
Since making sure I am 100% on point with the diet while in a house full of friends BBQing and drinking freely will be a VERY hard thing to do, I have a:
Plan B which is skipping refeed next week and having a more relaxed weekend but still preparing to stay as much on the diet as possible, specially Sunday. So focusing on protein, for example I can have eggs for breakfast and take a quest bar and a protein shake with me for later and hold my horses so I have dinner at home. I will probably end up with more calories than normal diet days but I have to be realistic about the circumstances.

After writing it all up I'm actually thinking I don't even need to skip refeed, just keep to it and take the impact of slightly higher calories on Sunday. Will keep pondering about this oh so important problem I have in hand. First world problems at its best, hey!
Unread 04-29-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D. View Post
Just found your thread, you should be at goal within 2 weeks I'd think!

I started at 80.28kg (177lbs) and after two and a half imperfect weeks I'm down to 75.75kg (167lbs). I'm around 27% BF as well.

I tried to do my carb refeed today by using only oatmeal so I wouldn't over do it...fail lol 300g of carbs is a crap ton of oatmeal!

Good luck!
Hey A.D., thanks for your message! How are you getting on with the diet?
Sounds that we have very similar stats but different metabolisms . I have a slow metabolism and have only ever lost as much weight as you have in a couple of weeks back in my early 20s! so good for you!! I can't believe you ate 300g of oatmeal!!!!!! haha

And you were right, I think had I stayed on track 100% for the past 2 weeks I'd be weighing somewhere around 74kg! But..... life happened! But, With this diet there is no way not to loose fat so I am happy to be on the right trend overall!

Do you lift too?