BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-23-2015, 01:48 AM

Default UD2 Question- mon tues wed workouts change up?

Ive been training now for 10 years very solid and I've done this diet with depletion workouts mon, tues and wed.
Im also doing cardio for 25-30 minutes those days too.

my workout is like this
monday-chest tris calves cardio 25-30 minutes stair stepper
tuesday-back bis abs cardio 25-30 minutes stair stepper
Wednesday- legs shoulders cardio(same)

I know the protocol for the plan is depletion workouts monday and tuesday but only cardio on wed.
I like to split up the volume over the 3 days and workout on wed also.
Any issue with doing this? usually workouts for the days are 45-55 minutes followed by 25-30 stair stepper usually.
I haven't seen anybody doing a 3rd workout on wed as most just follow the plan and just do cardio this day.

Everything else is textbook ud2 besides the extra workout day.
Unread 03-31-2015, 11:31 AM

I think the 2-day full body workouts are condensed earlier on, to ensure maximum full body glycogen depletion as soon as possible.

by holding off on doing legs (other than calves) until day 3, you may hindering the diet's ability to do that.

Lyle mentions a two day split, which might be a happy medium between lyle's personal routine and your current routine.

"There are several possible splits
to use. Chest/back/shoulders on Day 1 and legs/arms/abs on day 2" -page 57
Unread 03-31-2015, 01:04 PM

I would just stick with what the book lays out in terms of options. He wrote out the protocols in the timeframes given for a reason.

I did a lot of looking around online before I started UD2, in terms of the results people got. The #1 thing I found was that those who altered the program had really hit or miss results, more misses than hits I might add.
Unread 04-01-2015, 04:41 AM

Don't lift on wed.

You'll burn more fat if you're entirely depleted by wed and you'll need that one rest day if you really want to perform on thu (I know it's an easy wo, but still). Also, I don't think you'd be able to deplete with proper weights after 2 days of strict depletion/dieting.

I'd much rather do all of the depletion on monday, but I never had enough energy for that. Try depleting your legs entirely on monday when you've the most energy. That way the tuesday wo becomes a lot easier and you can pull through.

My dear diary log, Starting November 2015
UD2 log January-March 2014 ; Random updates
Unread 04-01-2015, 06:29 AM

Ive had extremely good progress with training like this. Ive had both really good full body days on thursday and saturday also. He also recommends for more fat loss to do cardio on thursday before the later in the day workout i don't see why doing a split 3 days without that morning sesh of cardio on thursday really hindering the work week of this. i was just curious. I do more work on the depletion days(more sets than he recommends for 2 day) since its not basically whole body in 2 days its 3 instead.
Usually by the end of tuesday i feel super depleted already and wed seems to finish it off. 30 minutes stair stepper mon-wed also.
Unread 04-01-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-evil-x View Post
Ive had extremely good progress with training like this. Ive had both really good full body days on thursday and saturday also. He also recommends for more fat loss to do cardio on thursday before the later in the day workout i don't see why doing a split 3 days without that morning sesh of cardio on thursday really hindering the work week of this. i was just curious. I do more work on the depletion days(more sets than he recommends for 2 day) since its not basically whole body in 2 days its 3 instead.
Usually by the end of tuesday i feel super depleted already and wed seems to finish it off. 30 minutes stair stepper mon-wed also.
evil, i think if it works for you right now, I would just keep doing what you're doing. If you ever hit a plateau or start losing progress I would always recommend going back to the routine prescribed by lyle.