BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-31-2017, 01:33 PM

Default Feeling pump more on one body side?

I noticed that when I do hypertrophy work I feel the ''pump'' on my left side a lot more than right side. Is that because of imbalances ? Also my left side pec is bigger than my right side too

If so how can I fix it? (I'm currently doing Lyle workout routine)
Unread 10-31-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexz1993 View Post
I noticed that when I do hypertrophy work I feel the ''pump'' on my left side a lot more than right side. Is that because of imbalances ? Also my left side pec is bigger than my right side too

If so how can I fix it? (I'm currently doing Lyle workout routine)
I'm not able to help you, but I also feel more pump on one side for some muscles / exercises, for instance doing single arm dumbbell row I feel much more pump on the left side of my back / shoulder, doing triceps kickbacks with dumbbells I also feel more pump on left side.. but on the other hand feeling more pump on right biceps while curling with dumbbells.

I only have this feeling with single arm or leg exercise, never when working with barbell.
But in the end there is not a lot of differences on symmetry
Unread 10-31-2017, 02:50 PM

Should I change all my Barbell exercises to dumbbell to fix this issue or its useless?
Unread 10-31-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Should I change all my Barbell exercises to dumbbell to fix this issue or its useless?
Actually, I believe this can help. If you work everything unilaterally, you can make sure you're not putting more work on on end
Unread 10-31-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
Actually, I believe this can help. If you work everything unilaterally, you can make sure you're not putting more work on on end
But switching to dumbbell bench instead of barbell is a good idea? Not doing any barbell bench won't affect my progress?

Or would it be better to do 1 Upper with barbell and the other Upper day in my week with dumbbell ?
Unread 10-31-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
But switching to dumbbell bench instead of barbell is a good idea? Not doing any barbell bench won't affect my progress?

Or would it be better to do 1 Upper with barbell and the other Upper day in my week with dumbbell ?
Whatever you can progress with is good enough
Unread 11-11-2017, 08:37 AM

Past a certain point its becoming very difficult to get the dumbbells off the floor to bench. same for shoulder press, though you can clean them up or something.
Unread 11-21-2017, 10:06 PM

When performing lunges, my right quad feels more "pumped" than the left, so you are not alone.

All you can really do for symmetry imbalances is use dumbbells and hit the weaker side with more volume. I have performed one extra set with the weaker side for db bench, db shoulder press, etc. In my experience, it takes a long time to see any difference though.
Unread 11-22-2017, 03:40 AM

If you always let the weak side dictate failure, fatigue or form, it'll fix itself over time (unless your body is biologically unbalances or asymmetrical).

For unilateral exercises, start with your weak side.