BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > The Ketogenic Diet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-26-2018, 01:23 PM

Default CKD doesn't work...

Ok, so I had huge success on CKD, but people on the bb.com forums say its just because of progressive overload and that CKD doesn't really work. I won a $10k transformation challenge, lost 12%BF in 12 weeks (16>4) and got a lot stronger. And I was lifting before this too, not like I was a first timer.

Anyway, they quoted this article, I was hoping someone here might have input-

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...questions.html
Unread 01-26-2018, 01:38 PM

Your first mistake was listening to anyone on BBing.com's forums. Any diet that causes you eat below maintenance with adequate protein will work. If CKD works best for you then keep at it. Lots of people have gotten lean on a CKD despite what BBing.com would say. Lyle's most well known diet UD2 is a CKD.
Unread 01-29-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
Your first mistake was listening to anyone on BBing.com's forums. Any diet that causes you eat below maintenance with adequate protein will work. If CKD works best for you then keep at it. Lots of people have gotten lean on a CKD despite what BBing.com would say. Lyle's most well known diet UD2 is a CKD.
Yeah, I've had success with UD2 as well. If I'm not mistaken, in UD2 he advises to use CKD if above ~12% bodyfat. I figured to use CKD to jump stat my program and then shift into UD2. I like UD2. I feel like it is a maintainable lifestyle for me.

All that said, I'm still off of all upper body workouts for the next 6 weeks minimum as my shoulder recovers from an impingement issue. It has plagued me on and off for 10 years, so I'm not messing around with jumping back in too early.
Unread 01-29-2018, 12:49 PM

Lyle never said any diet was best before UD2 and even then he said if you can get lean with a simpler program UD2 isn't necessary. He did advise some carb restriction between a higher carb diet and UD2 as an adjustment period of a few weeks.

Don't start dieting until you're full healed though.
Unread 01-29-2018, 03:18 PM
Administrator

CKD is a diet, what does progressive overload have to do with anytihng at all?

And what Lightcrow said.

Bb.com is where they argued about whether there were 7 or 8 days in a week. They are not where you go for information
Unread 01-29-2018, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post

And what Lightcrow said.

Bb.com is where they argued about whether there were 7 or 8 days in a week. They are not where you go for information
That's funny. And I may have been wrong about saying CKD first. I thought (emphasis on thought) that I remember you saying that CKD was a better diet if you were looking to optimize fat loss (being in the upper teens) and that UD2 was better for those who had hit below the 12% mark. Either way, I have enjoyed both and have found great success on both. Your book was a huge help. So thank you.

I've still got 6 weeks of shoulder rehab to get through, so I'm just trying to figure out my plans in the meantime until I go back to CKD/UD2 in the future. Thanks again.
Unread 01-29-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
Here is what I was told- "You lifted with progressive overload and you ate enough protein. It's unlikely your results had anything to do with CKD."

Again, I had amazing results. Gained lots of strength, muscle mass, lost fast. I combined CKD and IF. Won $10k. I'd call it a win.

This was the thread where I had asked about CKD on the bb.com forum-
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=175105301

No big deal. I figured I'd find more help here anyway.
Unread 01-29-2018, 06:09 PM

Let me guess this is write up where Jacob Wilson claims he did a "study" and the guys who did CKD lost muscle compared to SKD?

If so I gave a presentation at a ketogenic seminar in Vegas 2 yrs ago, he presented as well and showed us this study before it was released to the public. When I spoke to him about it he said...if the participants were fat adapted...this would not have happened.

Take away message:

1 - donít listen to his magical studies.
2 - but reality is...do strict keto for 4-6 weeks then start CKD.
BodyOpus
Lyle's CKD
Misc.Fitness.Weights
Unread 01-30-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe985 View Post
Here is what I was told- "You lifted with progressive overload and you ate enough protein. It's unlikely your results had anything to do with CKD."

Again, I had amazing results. Gained lots of strength, muscle mass, lost fast. I combined CKD and IF. Won $10k. I'd call it a win.

This was the thread where I had asked about CKD on the bb.com forum-
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=175105301

No big deal. I figured I'd find more help here anyway.
If you lost bodyfat and are now leaner and $10k richer, does it really matter what some people on a forum think (irony)?
Unread 01-30-2018, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe985 View Post
That's funny. And I may have been wrong about saying CKD first. I thought (emphasis on thought) that I remember you saying that CKD was a better diet if you were looking to optimize fat loss (being in the upper teens) and that UD2 was better for those who had hit below the 12% mark. Either way, I have enjoyed both and have found great success on both. Your book was a huge help. So thank you.

I've still got 6 weeks of shoulder rehab to get through, so I'm just trying to figure out my plans in the meantime until I go back to CKD/UD2 in the future. Thanks again.
What does CKD or UD2 have to do with PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD?