BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-15-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Yup. I understand the philosophy of crossfit completely: Glassman wanted to make a shedload of money. And that he did.

But when I read someone claim that Crossfit will take a 4' miler and make him slower, and take a top PL and make him weaker, I just laugh and move on. That and the fact that none of the rest of hteir claims are even remotely close to be real. 700 lb DL without training it? No Crossfitter has EVER done it, nor will they. Build more muscle than bodybuilding? Only women get any sort of hypertrohpy gains from it b/c fooling around with 95 lb powercleans is a training weight for a woman. The men never get anywhere. but they hang around to be around teh Xfit chicks.

but hey I've never given anybody rhabdo so I must not be hardcore enough to understand.
If its heavy enough to cause hypertrophy for women, its probably dangerous doing them in that fashion, especially something liek cleans
Unread 02-15-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
While I find the xtranormal stuff funny, let's let it die there. Thanks
good idea, and point taken - it could get a little crazy...
Unread 02-15-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Only women get any sort of hypertrohpy gains from it b/c fooling around with 95 lb powercleans is a training weight for a woman.
Tren is a good thing

Quote:
The men never get anywhere.
unless they use more than the women
Unread 02-16-2010, 04:54 AM

if you want to know Xfit inside out, head over to irongarmx and look at the couch thread.

Everything you need to know about xfit is there.
Unread 02-16-2010, 05:33 AM
Banned

IMO - any program that will get the couch potato out and active has some merit. (crossfit, p90x, wii, other general fitness programs)
Unread 02-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Administrator

And if a few people end up in the hospital with rhabdo, that's ok too.

blackboxit!
Unread 02-16-2010, 09:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to djtheory9 Send a message via Skype™ to djtheory9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvr2late View Post
IMO - any program that will get the couch potato out and active has some merit. (crossfit, p90x, wii, other general fitness programs)
This is wrong in the context of getting a beginner to do a stupid program that provides no benefit except pain and possible injuries.

Being an overweight kid who got thrown into "crossfit" concepts of training, I despised working out. I was taught a very bad perspective of what "proper fitness" is. I used to think brutally killing one's body was the healthy way to do things. But what did I know, I was a kid.

When I started weight training in high school, I did so with the same mentally and over-trained myself. I eventually ended up injuring my shoulder. Not fun.

Most "couch potatoes" from my experience don't workout because they have the mindset that being in shape is about killing oneself in the gym. They look at exercise with a negative mentality.

From videos I've seen on crossfit (and my own experiences), there is a lot of injury potential and bad technique going on. For a beginner, this is NOT the right program to start with.
Unread 02-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Administrator

And when you tell most Crossfitters this, they tlel you that X-fit weeds out the weak and you're just not hardcore enough. And laugh (or used to) when people got rhabdo, even had t-shirts that said Yayyy rhadbo. Such crap.

So what Overkill said.
Unread 02-16-2010, 10:02 AM

And to add to my response, wouldn't it make more sense for a beginner to start from the get go with the RIGHT information, instead of dancing with retarded programs that provide nothing but misery and OCD habits?
Unread 02-16-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
And when you tell most Crossfitters this, they tlel you that X-fit weeds out the weak and you're just not hardcore enough. And laugh (or used to) when people got rhabdo, even had t-shirts that said Yayyy rhadbo. Such crap.

So what Overkill said.
Sounds familiar...ugh I feel really bad for people who get introduced to fitness with morons like this.

Not cool at all.