BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 12-17-2018, 10:55 AM
Trainer294 Trainer294 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 60
Default Client Not Losing Weight On RFL AND Got Her RMR results...

So I have a 46 year old female client that has been training for 5 months or so. She has lost about 25 pounds, which is WAY under what she should have in that time frame. She currently weighs 270.

A bunch of other clients that started at that time with less to lose have lost close to 50 so she should be down at least that.

She swears she is doing the diet.

Doctor says her thyroid is good.

She just went and got one of those RMR tests and it says that her RMR is 1656 cals/day. According to them her metabolism is 12% slow.

My question is: So it says that she is burning about 2000 cals a day with RMR+activity. If she is eating RFL she should be in about in a 1200 cal deficit/day. Which means she should be losing about 10 pounds per month.

She swears she is dieting. Is there any way possible that she is following the diet and not losing weight? Knowing these numbers. With hormones or anything? Is it physiologically possible in any way? I dont really want to call her out unless I am sure.

She lost most of the 25 pounds in the first couple of months then hardly anything the next 3.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 12-17-2018, 12:20 PM
jordanbcool jordanbcool is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kent Island, Maryland
Posts: 318
Send a message via AIM to jordanbcool
Default

1) My first guess is that she's probably holding water. There's not much anyone can do about it, but dehydration; and even then once normal water intake resumes it'll come back. Eventually the body will empty fat cells of the water and results will be visible.

2) She could be mistaken about her calorie intake. For example; a TBSP of creamer in coffee is 50-100 k/cals. Mayo is 100 k/cal. She may be following the diet for the most part but adding things to make the diet less miserable that are adding extra calories.

3) Fat loss isn't always consistent for various reason. I.E. on paper someone should be losing 1lb of fat a week if they cut calories by 500/day but it's almost never the case in the real world.

4) She could be doing excessive activity that is dramatically slowing her metabolism on such an extreme diet.

She should consider taking a full diet break. She's doing something that she might not realize is causing the problem. Until you find out more details of her day to day, neither of you or us will be able to help. We need more information about her
__________________

"Every day above ground is a good day"
-Frank (Scarface)

Back to basics...

Last edited by jordanbcool : 12-17-2018 at 12:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 12-17-2018, 12:25 PM
Trainer294 Trainer294 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanbcool View Post
1) My first guess is that she's probably holding water. There's not much anyone can do about it, but dehydration; and even then once normal water intake resumes it'll come back. Eventually the body will empty fat cells of the water and results will be visible.

2) She could be mistaken about her calorie intake. For example; a TBSP of creamer in coffee is 50-100 k/cals. Mayo is 100 k/cal. She may be following the diet for the most part but adding things to make the diet less miserable that are adding extra calories.

3) Fat loss isn't always consistent for various reason. I.E. on paper someone should be losing 1lb of fat a week if they cut calories by 500/day but it's almost never the case in the real world.

4) She could be doing excessive activity that is dramatically slowing her metabolism on such an extreme diet.

She should consider taking a full diet break possibly. She's doing something that she might not realize that is causing the problem. If none of these are the case, some mild cardio might help a little. Hope my answers help!
Thanks!

1. Even if she was holding water the scale still should have moved in the last couple of months.

2. Yes she could be mistake about calorie intake.

3. I realize fat loss is not linear. However someone with over 100 pounds to lose should see considerable fat loss in 5 months

4. She is not doing too much activity. We are training 2x/week with weights.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 12-17-2018, 05:14 PM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,230
Default

It is almost always universally #2.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 12-17-2018, 05:17 PM
jordanbcool jordanbcool is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kent Island, Maryland
Posts: 318
Send a message via AIM to jordanbcool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer294 View Post
Thanks!

1. Even if she was holding water the scale still should have moved in the last couple of months.

2. Yes she could be mistake about calorie intake.

3. I realize fat loss is not linear. However someone with over 100 pounds to lose should see considerable fat loss in 5 months

4. She is not doing too much activity. We are training 2x/week with weights.
I don't think she's actually doing the diet. She's either lying to you purposefully because she's embarrassed or she is adding extra calories into the diet without realizing it.

My brother used the RFL to drop 50lbs but it took him about a year to do so. When I told him that didn't make sense, he informed me that he was binge eating all his cravings every Saturday and would eat upwards of 5-7,000 calories - sometimes more - in that one day while doing the RFL religiously every other day.


So he was never actually doing that diet....ask your client some more direct questions about her food intake and tell her to describe eat meal in detail. You will get your answers then I'm sure
__________________

"Every day above ground is a good day"
-Frank (Scarface)

Back to basics...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 12-18-2018, 11:14 AM
Trainer294 Trainer294 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 60
Default

Thanks for the responses guys! I know its almost always to do with calorie intake just wanted to make sure before I tell her.

People get offended when you tell them that.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 12-19-2018, 08:11 AM
jordanbcool jordanbcool is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kent Island, Maryland
Posts: 318
Send a message via AIM to jordanbcool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer294 View Post
Thanks for the responses guys! I know its almost always to do with calorie intake just wanted to make sure before I tell her.

People get offended when you tell them that.
Have her buy a small food scale, tupperware, and basic food measuring cups. If she plans out and measures her meals every day she will appreciate how easy it is to over eat without you berating her into eating better.
__________________

"Every day above ground is a good day"
-Frank (Scarface)

Back to basics...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 12-20-2018, 06:18 PM
holly70 holly70 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanbcool View Post
Have her buy a small food scale, tupperware, and basic food measuring cups. If she plans out and measures her meals every day she will appreciate how easy it is to over eat without you berating her into eating better.
Good plan.

Totally anecdotal, just sharing due to similarity-

I had a pattern much like this through my life. Would lose at first then nothing. Super frustrating.

What finally worked for me was extreme measures...don't know why, maybe it was just too much for my body to adapt for.

Lost about 100 doing a VLCD w/exercise. Regained a lot after some life stuff. Long history of obesity, so lower than average RMR is/was quite possible, though I never got it tested.

Then just so happens lost about 60 in 5 months and turned 46 in that time period. IIRC started at 1200 a day, bumped to 1400 after 4-6 weeks or so. Good amount of cardio...definitely more of a burn than lifting 2 days a week. Loss stayed at a pretty steady 3 pounds a week though I did gradually increase cardio as time went on.

Wasn't any particular diet...just weighing and tracking intake.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.