BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-12-2019, 12:20 PM

Default How much carbs is needed for diet break

I just did 10 days of RFL as category 2. I’m not hungry at all but the caffeine needed to keep myself not hungry and functional is making me only get 3 hours of shut eye a night. I’m already a walking zombie and I feel absolutely horrible.

So I am calling it quits. I’m not going to binge or anything, it’s just not worth it to me to royally mess up my life for the next months.

So how many carbs do you guys do for full diet break? Do they have to be starchy carbs like the refeeds? I know in the book it says 100g - 150g minimum but maybe I need more.

I usually eat under 20g carbs a day. Keto. Because I like the steady energy and blood sugar levels. But I will eat carbs for a couple weeks until I guess I’m feeling better?

So yeah... how many carbs do you guys do on full diet breaks and are they starchy like pasta/bread or are they fruit and oatmeal? And how much sodium/potassium/fish oil do you supplement on full diet break?

Thanks guys. I appreciate it!
Unread 01-13-2019, 08:50 AM

https://bodyrecomposition.com/nutrit...you-need.html/

Handy chart near the bottom of the article
Unread 01-26-2019, 03:58 PM

try eating more fiber/psyllium husk as opposed to caffeine to control hunger... drop the dosage of caffeine and consume it only upon first waking up. It has a half-life of 4-6 hours so if you're taking any past noon it can defiintely wreak havoc on your sleep.

Other ways to enhance sleep:

Introduce more strength exercises. Heavy weight and fewer reps are more taxing on your Central Nervous System. Particularly fullbody stuff like squats/deadlifts.

Melatonin

Trazodone (prescription, non addictive, it's an old depression medicine that is no longer used for that purpose so they prescribe it "off label" in miniscule dosing because a byproduct is drowsiness about 45-60 mins after ingestion (that goes away shortly after that so it does not create addiction)

I also find that walking in the PM helps me... others may find this riles them up so you gotta figure that out on your own i guess.

Really it's the lack of carbs that keeps me awake on diets. Carbs = sleep. Everytime for me. Poor insulin sensitivity. I can barely ever stay awake at my desk after lunch.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.