BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Guide to Flexible Dieting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-20-2013, 04:07 PM

How long do you microwave them for? What should be the final result?
Unread 01-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pohc View Post
How long do you microwave them for? What should be the final result?
It will depend on the microwave of course, but a 900 watt does good with 45 seconds. The questbar will start to poof up and get bloated, once that happens give it another 10 seconds and then take it out.
Unread 01-20-2013, 06:14 PM

I think i'd probably explode one after 45 seconds lol, they bubble around 20 secs for me.

I personally found, choc PB/cinnamon, then choc brownie to easily be the best flavours. PB is fine, vanilla almond a bit sickly, and apple pie I literally couldn't eat and gave the box to a friend (it has that classic nasty cheap strawberry protein taste somehow, though others swear by it so it could just be me).

They aren't cheap though, at least not here in the UK. I've started following recipes by a kid on youtube (leanbodylifestyle), i've got 150cal 20g protein brownies in the fridge, and chocolate cottage cheese icecream in the freezer. I am literally living the cutting dream.
Unread 01-20-2013, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk View Post
I think i'd probably explode one after 45 seconds lol, they bubble around 20 secs for me.

I personally found, choc PB/cinnamon, then choc brownie to easily be the best flavours. PB is fine, vanilla almond a bit sickly, and apple pie I literally couldn't eat and gave the box to a friend (it has that classic nasty cheap strawberry protein taste somehow, though others swear by it so it could just be me).

They aren't cheap though, at least not here in the UK. I've started following recipes by a kid on youtube (leanbodylifestyle), i've got 150cal 20g protein brownies in the fridge, and chocolate cottage cheese icecream in the freezer. I am literally living the cutting dream.
Any of his recipes particularly noteworthy?
Unread 01-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by atresia View Post
Any of his recipes particularly noteworthy?
I browsed his stuff, and a lot of it is repetitive. Nothing I would waste time with. The majority revolve around mixing protein powder with oatmeal and water or yogurt.
Unread 01-21-2013, 02:12 PM

I lot of it is giving you novel ideas that you could have come up with, but were stuck in chicken/veg tunnel vision land. Ones I had but were in experimental stages for years, haphazardly collected from forums over the years, most of which don't even work at all. Even if some may be bland like you say primalkid (cue: don't bother with the protein cookies), the majority do look impressive and worth trying, because they are designed to be simple and replicable to the masses, using ONLY clean foods.

As a GENERAL home-cooking tip, i've only experienced decent refrigerated protein bars (not baked) when you use honey, nuts, fruit etc - so not much use unless you're allowed higher cals, for satiety reasons.

There are some staple high carb/low carb pancakes that taste decent, and good macros. I make batches of 10-20 and refrigerate for convenient meals.

I will definitely make the chocolate brownies (2013 version) again. I tried it with guests, and a child who was none the wiser. I obviously had to preface that you can't expect to much for no sugar or butter Throw in some half/zero fat squirty cream and you're laughing.

I'm eating cottage cheese ice cream right now, and it's genius, as well as its macros. I blended the cottage cheese by the way, just in case you're worried. Though when I repeat it I want to do it with salt-free cottage cheese if that exists, any salt in sweet comes through for me.

I forgot how much better blended ice+milk+whey(choc for me)+coffee is than my usual protein shake. It also thickens up a perfect amount for pouring on most cereal, and I usually hate cereal+whey, but this just works.

When my bananas are old I'll follow the banana bread recipe, it looks like a very impressive loaf.

He also remarks than his cheesecake is probably his best recipe (doesn't have a base fyi). I'll give that one a try once I've got through my current stuff and found fat-free cream cheese.

If you've got any casein, martin berkhan recited a "protein fluff" recipe which is amusingly good on cut.

Let me know if you've got any gems!
Unread 01-21-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violinist View Post
Heh, I'll have to try it. I buy about 4 boxes of the chocolate brownie bars from vitamin shoppe each month. They're great snacks and make it easy to pile on the protein every day.
Same here. Best bars I have found.
Unread 01-22-2013, 03:11 PM

I would love for someone to label test these. I am skeptical of any decent tasting bar that claims to have as much milk-based protein as they do and no soy. I'll have them on occasion, but I am just not sure.

When Detour bars first came out years ago, people went nuts. Then, they were tested and failed miserably - far less protein, far more sugar and fat than listed. Now, while they are ok, they aren't quite the same as those first batches.

The economics of milk have only increased the pressure on shake and bar providers to fudge numbers and cut corners, and a few have been busted (eg less servings than listed, less protein per serving than listed, etc).

Last edited by Onefiver : 01-22-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Unread 01-22-2013, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onefiver View Post
I would love for someone to label test these. I am skeptical of any decent tasting bar that claims to have as much milk-based protein as they do and no soy. I'll have them on occasion, but I am just not sure.

When Detour bars first came out years ago, people went nuts. Then, they were tested and failed miserably - far less protein, far more sugar and fat than listed. Now, while they are ok, they aren't quite the same as those first batches.

The economics of milk have only increased the pressure on shake and bar providers to fudge numbers and cut corners, and a few have been busted (eg less servings than listed, less protein per serving than listed, etc).
Perhaps consumerlab will get to them eventually
Unread 01-23-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk View Post

Let me know if you've got any gems!
http://www.forums.lylemcdonald.com/s...ad.php?t=20758
http://www.forums.lylemcdonald.com/s...d.php?p=204787
http://www.forums.lylemcdonald.com/s...ad.php?t=21540
http://www.forums.lylemcdonald.com/s...ad.php?t=20395

These are some of my RFL staples. And perky jerky/juju jerky