BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 12-10-2017, 03:21 PM
CorpDesertique CorpDesertique is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 86
Default Libido and bodyfat/dieting

hello guys!
I would like talk about the relationship between libido and dieting/ low bodyfat
What are the effects that you feel?

Actually, I have ZERO libido, nothing, no sex-drive and no ability

But, exept that, all is fine
In this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDKhDjuPfbU&t=305s Eric helms talk about:
Physiology:
-libido: yes, I have this problem
-hunger signals: Not at all, I'm rarely hungry, I can eat nothing for days
-sleep: not at all, I'm sleeping very well
-TDEE: It decrease, but not a lot, just because I'm lighter, my TDEE are still very high related to my bodyweight
-Strenght: decrease but not a lot

Psychology:
-Irritability: not at all
-food focus: en effect, I give a lot of importance to food, but I always loved food
-Mood state: no problem, I'm happy
-Lack of clear goal: No

Definitely I have a problem of libido, but the rest is good, honestly, I am happy, my lack of libido is not a problem, on the contrary I don't care about women anymore

So my questions are: are there others who only have the problem of libido while everything else is good?
The lack of libido is there the first sign of too low body fat for most people?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 12-10-2017, 04:19 PM
Twitchy Twitchy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 75
Default

Aside from making sure you are getting your essential vitamins and micronutrients in try supplementing with maca powder or yohombine.

I take 5-15g of maca powder every day and I can tell you there’s an obvious increase in libido.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 12-10-2017, 05:58 PM
Liberty's Avatar
Liberty Liberty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 253
Default

Lack of libido can be caused by things besides dieting. How long have you been in a deficit? Do you find your libido increases when you are not dieting?
__________________
My log: All I Want For Christmas is RFL By The Book
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 12-11-2017, 01:16 AM
CorpDesertique CorpDesertique is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 86
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
Aside from making sure you are getting your essential vitamins and micronutrients in try supplementing with maca powder or yohombine.

I take 5-15g of maca powder every day and I can tell you there’s an obvious increase in libido.


I take vitamin D & zinc since 4 months omega 3 since 2 week and eat lots of fruits and vegetables
Past year I was eating very few of vegetables and fruits, and no suplementation at all but I was heavier and my libido was normal

Thanks for your advice I will do that
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 12-11-2017, 01:37 AM
CorpDesertique CorpDesertique is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
Lack of libido can be caused by things besides dieting. How long have you been in a deficit? Do you find your libido increases when you are not dieting?

Past year I weighed 66kg, I had never dieted, pics of me at this moment: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...8-img-4038.jpg
I was 17 years old, I ate 3400 calories per day (lifting weight 5 time per week+ lots of walking because I did not have the licence drive because I was 17 yo) to maintain this weight, my libido was normal I think, but not honestly strong

And then I have cutting for 6 week to 62kg, and After that I have eating at maintenance for 2 months, I ate 2800-29000 calories per day for maintain thus weight, lifting 4 time per week in gym and much less walking because I have now my driving licence
My libido was lower than when I weighed 66kg, but I always have a little bit of
An then I have dieting again for 2 months
So at the moment I weigh 59kg, pics of me at the moment: https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...f7c1cace2.jpeg
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...a43effb9c3.png
So I eat at maintenance since 3 days, I plan to eat a maintenance for 1 month and see how my libido is carried

So I can’t tell you if my libido increase when I am not dieting, I will see that
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 12-11-2017, 08:55 AM
LightCrow LightCrow is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 997
Default

I'm having a hard time telling from your posts, but you have always naturally been this low in bodyfat? You are extremely lean and this can cause all sorts of libido problems for people.

I would give yourself the 2-4 weeks at maintenance that you are planning and if it's still not better probably see a doctor about it. It may not be hormonal either, have you had any injuries, or gone through any psychological stress?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 12-11-2017, 09:17 AM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
Aside from making sure you are getting your essential vitamins and micronutrients in try supplementing with maca powder or yohombine.

I take 5-15g of maca powder every day and I can tell you there’s an obvious increase in libido.
Yoyhimbne does NOTHING for libido anymore than Viagra does.

Please be quiet.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 12-11-2017, 09:45 AM
CorpDesertique CorpDesertique is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
I'm having a hard time telling from your posts, but you have always naturally been this low in bodyfat? You are extremely lean and this can cause all sorts of libido problems for people.

I would give yourself the 2-4 weeks at maintenance that you are planning and if it's still not better probably see a doctor about it. It may not be hormonal either, have you had any injuries, or gone through any psychological stress?

when I weighed 66kg I was trying to gain muscle, I had to count the calories otherwise my weight would go down, so 66kg was probably higher than my bodyfat setpoint

I do not find I am "extremely lean", In fact I store lot of fat in my legs, the pic is cheated also
A more realistic pic and view of my legs: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...dc718280b.jpeg

I would like to add that I had no problem to dieting, It was easy, even days at 800 calories + weightlifting

Yes I'm plan to eat at maintenance for 1 months and see
No injuries, and psychologically I'm feeling very good, even better than before I lose weight, I am relaxed all the time (more than before) and I'm not frustrated anymore because I do not have a girlfriend since now I do not particularly want
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 12-11-2017, 10:27 AM
LightCrow LightCrow is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpDesertique View Post
when I weighed 66kg I was trying to gain muscle, I had to count the calories otherwise my weight would go down, so 66kg was probably higher than my bodyfat setpoint

I do not find I am "extremely lean", In fact I store lot of fat in my legs, the pic is cheated also
A more realistic pic and view of my legs: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...dc718280b.jpeg

I would like to add that I had no problem to dieting, It was easy, even days at 800 calories + weightlifting

Yes I'm plan to eat at maintenance for 1 months and see
No injuries, and psychologically I'm feeling very good, even better than before I lose weight, I am relaxed all the time (more than before) and I'm not frustrated anymore because I do not have a girlfriend since now I do not particularly want
That's *not* that fat. You're in the single digits of bodyfat easily, which is very lean. Have you ever had an eating disorder? 800 calories is borderline anorexia levels of dieting. You say it's never been strong, so I would get checked out by a doctor because it doesn't sound dieting related to me at this point.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 12-11-2017, 11:04 AM
w1cked w1cked is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpDesertique View Post
when I weighed 66kg I was trying to gain muscle, I had to count the calories otherwise my weight would go down, so 66kg was probably higher than my bodyfat setpoint

I do not find I am "extremely lean", In fact I store lot of fat in my legs, the pic is cheated also
A more realistic pic and view of my legs: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...dc718280b.jpeg

I would like to add that I had no problem to dieting, It was easy, even days at 800 calories + weightlifting

Yes I'm plan to eat at maintenance for 1 months and see
No injuries, and psychologically I'm feeling very good, even better than before I lose weight, I am relaxed all the time (more than before) and I'm not frustrated anymore because I do not have a girlfriend since now I do not particularly want
Are you high thats mid to high single digits. That's leanee state than 99% of drug free bodybuilders maintain in their off/improvement season
If thats not extremely lean I'm a damn Michelin man
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.