BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-05-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATMEOUTTAME View Post
That's the great thing about this book/diet. Once you understand the mechanisms of how it works and set up your protein correctly you almost can't help but lose weight even if your adherence to the diet is less than perfect. People get too concerned about the tag along carbs/fats in my opinion. If a handful of tag along carbs/fats each day keep you from returning to your previous eating patterns it's still a huge win over the course of several weeks.
I've discovered the same as well. Did RFL last year and had great success but yes it was difficult.

Over the winter I took it easy and now am doing my own RFL-influenced diet that keeps me losing weight but allows me some flexibility. Yes I know I'm not doing the program but I'm still getting to my goal - although at a slower pace which is fine!
Unread 06-05-2017, 11:46 PM

Exactly. I got the real benefits after I quit doing rapid fat loss because my diet has significantly improved for life.

Rapid fat loss is great and all but it's a pretty unrealistic diet for most people to adhere to for a long time. I lost 20 lbs the first time I did it, but I've only run one really successful 20 lb cut on it since. It's an aggressive diet that requires a lot of discipline. It's not for everyone.

But once you understand that carbs are inessential and about how much protein you should be eating daily... and supplements and fibrous choices that improve satiety... and what type of exercise regimen you should have when dieting, etc...

Heck if you even throw 1-2 days of RFL in your usual week of poor eating you'll probably still lose a good bit of weight for several weeks. I do this all the time when I'm just trying to maintain my weight.

The bottom line is most people go on diets and try to eat lean cuisines and fruit and stuff and wonder why they can't lose weight. Or in my case I have poor insulin sensitivity and if I eat carbs I crave more carbs. This diet made me realize I just needed to eliminate the cereal, bread, fruits, etc that would just make me binge on more carbs.

I read this Book probably four times. I have little doubt I would weigh 40 lbs more today if I hadn't been fortunate enough to stumble on it in 2013.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 06-05-2017 at 11:55 PM. Reason: A