BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-17-2014, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
Apologies for the thread necromancy, but I adapted this recipe for a slow cooker and thought it was worth sharing.

I scaled up the spices by 1.5x - so 1.5 tsp salt, 3 tsp chili powder, etc. I mixed that in with about 1.5 cups of medium Picante salsa. Then I placed my chicken breasts (about 1.75 pounds' worth, but I'm going to start just making four meals' worth at once) in the bottom of the Crock Pot and coated it with the spice-laden salsa. I laid some chopped zucchini, asparagus, and a red bell pepper on top of that and put some lite salt, black pepper, and garlic powder on the veggies. Then I let it cook overnight - for about 8 hours - on low.

Suffice to say that this tastes like something I'd get in a restaurant. It's absolutely delicious, and the fact that it's RFL-friendly (just chicken, veggies, spices, and salsa) makes it that much more awesome. I'll probably make this every day for the duration of my RFL run, and who knows, once I switch to a more regular diet, keep doing it with potatoes and some fats dumped in.

Anyway, thanks for the awesome recipe idea, OP :-).
Sorry for the bump, but are the " medium picante salsa" and the " spice laden salsa" the same thing? Are there any specific brands you use?

Cooking newb here. What does it mean to " coat" something with salsa? Thanks.
Unread 08-09-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1911 View Post
Hey all. Been away a couple years but am back and I just made about 8 pounds of the "original recipe". Had it wrapped in lettuce leaves with salsa, ff sour cream, cilantro, and ff cheese, with a squirt of lime juice. Excellent. I think I'll make a chicken salad with it and some celery and ff mayo tomorrow.
Holy Christ this sounds good. I know what I'm picking up next trip to the grocery store!
Unread 08-24-2014, 01:57 AM

Can't believe this thread is that old...I just tried this stuff myself. I'm blown away. Never in my life have I eaten 16 oz of chicken breast SO QUICKLY.

From my meal I got
104 grams of protein
4 grams of fat
6 grams of carbohydrates

Thank you so much for this! I'm gonna be searching through this thread to find modifications and additions.

Unread 08-24-2014, 04:26 AM

also I am going to try to put all of my chicken in a bag with 4 cups of water and these spices and let it marinate for overnight and try tomorrow for dinner.
Unread 06-30-2017, 07:42 AM

Default 7 Years Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx328is View Post
Thought I would share an easy way to make a ton of chicken, that tastes great at the same time.

Mexican Style Shredded Chicken

1.5 lbs of chicken breasts
4 cups water
1/3 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic
1 tsp onion
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika

1. Throw all the ingredients in a big saucepan and boil on high for 10 minutes.

2. Reduce heat to medium, cover with a lid slightly open and simmer for 30-35 minutes

3. Let cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a bowl,leaving sauce in pan. It will be super tender at this point, so take a fork and slide it down the chicken,stab it, mash it until you have a ton of shredded chicken.

4. Pour 3/4 cup salsa into the chicken and use your hands to coat it.

I love this recipe because not only does it taste great, but you can fit 1 1/2-2lbs of chicken into one container and then separate as necessary for the following days meals.

And you're still the man.
Thanks
Unread 06-30-2017, 07:17 PM

I survived off of this for months. I got so good at making it I would add JUST enough water so that it would evaporate almost completely so I didn't have to drain it and lose the savory broth.

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates
Unread 07-18-2017, 04:44 PM

Really good recipe, this changed the way I look at chicken now. Thanks for saving my diet.
Unread 07-19-2017, 09:56 AM

Nice recipe tried it two days ago. Turned out much better than I expected. I made a mistake in my homemade salsa which limited how nice it was.

I'm going to improvise with that base myself, really liked it. Wonder what would be the best way to sneak a tin of chopped tomatoes in there and what would go well with it. Pretty noob still with the cooking lol.