BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-19-2017, 09:33 AM

Default 24 Days on PSMF - Only lost 6 lbs (Cat 3 Female)

Hi All,

I posted this on reddit the other day, but I wanted to see if anyone else can shine some light into this..

Some backstory - I've been on Keto for more than a year and decided to try PSMF to see if it can jumpstart my weight loss. I've lost a considerable amount of weight with Keto (around 70 lbs). I'm somewhat "active" - I do cardio 3-5x a week, around 30-40 mins a day. I do very little weight lifting because I don't have weights at home.. (no gym membership at the moment).

I'm a Cat 3 Female (Started PSMF at 204 lbs, 5'2" - not sure on the body fat) and I've been doing PSMF for 26 days. I've been strict about this diet because it was an easy transition from Keto. I've only lost about 6 lbs. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've lost about an inch in my waistline but that's pretty much it. I'm not sure if I'm just not being patient enough or maybe I'm missing something.

Here are my macros:

120p/20c/20f (around 800 cals).

Current TDEE is at 1700 (from ketogains macro calc).

Am I just eating too much fat or protein? The fat includes 2 Capsules of Fish Oil in the morning. I've recently started increasing this to 6 capsules (from what I gather, the brand I'm taking isn't enough). As far as meals go, I've been eating:

Chicken Breast, Tuna, Broccoli, Cabbage & Lettuce.

I use cooking oil spray on my food (maybe that's the culprit?). I had my first "free meal" 2 days ago, after being strict for 24 days because I thought maybe that may help a little.. nothing yet.

I'm pretty frustrated because I feel like after almost a month, I would see more results than just 6 lbs. Although, after my "free meal" I had shot up to 199 - I'm guessing it's water weight.. but yea.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Unread 07-19-2017, 12:39 PM
Administrator

If you have any sort of menstrual cycle, changes in weekly water weight will throw all of this off.

Only compare week 1 to week 1 or week 2 to week 2, etc.
Unread 07-27-2017, 09:04 AM

Well if your TDEE is 1700 calories a day like you've calculated and you eat around 800 a day, your deficit is roughly 900 calories a day. Over the course of a month this is 27,000 calories burned. Divided by 3500, you got 7.7 pounds. This doesn't take into consideration metabolic slowdown, free meals, re-feed days, overestimation of calorie days, and water weight complications. Sounds about right actually. Keep doing what you're doing and stay the course; you're still making progress.
Unread 07-27-2017, 02:37 PM

Considering you had already been on Keto for a year you likely didn't have the big water loss to give the larger number that others who start RFL have. I would look at the 6lbs you did lose as a very positive thing. Since you probably lost 6lbs of actual fat! thats more important than losing a couple extra pounds of water weight just because seeing a larger number feels better.
Unread 07-27-2017, 05:51 PM

Congrats on your loss! As some have said it sounds like things are actually going well. I don't have a lot to add except I found great psychological relief when I started using calipers and using the tape measure on multiple sites.
That scale is so deceiving and really wouldn't it be great for your bodyfat to go down and have the scale only budge a few pounds. It would mean that you likely maintained lean body mass which helps visually and is physically more healthy. It would mean your really doing things right.

I would only use the scale to help calculate bodyfat percentage otherwise it hardly tells you what actually is going on.

Anyways keep the course, sounds like all is well here.

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates