BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-01-2017, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matilde View Post
Cannot recommend Carlson's lemon flavored liquid fish oil strongly enough for this problem.

I have chronic GERD and a generally sensitive GI system so when I take fish oil pills I get it at both ends (normal fish oil reflux is vile).

Carlson's actually tastes pretty good (would make a decent base for a lemon vinagrette or something if you wanted to make an RFL salad) and just didn't cause me the same level of, ehem, downstream distress as pill-based supplements. Not to mention downing two teaspoons of something nice-tasting a day is WAY more fun than 10 horsepills!
Yes that stuff is pretty good. Pleasantly surprised! It's kind of annoying though because you only get like 1.8grams of actually EPA and dha for every 4.5 grams you take. If your shooting for 3 grams you have to take almost a double dose which is 9 grams of fat. I tend to stick to the 70%concentrated "horse pills" since you don't have to take in as much extraneous fat cals during dieting. Not talking much difference in cals but when your only "allowed" a certain budget of fat cals I'd prefer to save them to put towards somthing

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates
Unread 07-02-2017, 09:32 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDPbrah View Post
Yes that stuff is pretty good. Pleasantly surprised! It's kind of annoying though because you only get like 1.8grams of actually EPA and dha for every 4.5 grams you take. If your shooting for 3 grams you have to take almost a double dose which is 9 grams of fat. I tend to stick to the 70%concentrated "horse pills" since you don't have to take in as much extraneous fat cals during dieting. Not talking much difference in cals but when your only "allowed" a certain budget of fat cals I'd prefer to save them to put towards somthing
Totally fair. Although I've always interpreted the <20G fat requirement on RFL as excluding the fish oil, since Lyle's comments on that score seemed to be specifically addressing an allowance for "tagalong" fats and carbs (which the fish oil isn't, unless you really are making your salad dressing out of Carlson's).

For me the difference in my ability to adhere is just night and day because of the reflux - I'll willingly set myself back by 40/cal a day (or ~.08 lb/wk of weight loss) if it means not having to gargle rotten fish taste and take as many handfuls of pills.
Unread 07-02-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matilde View Post
Totally fair. Although I've always interpreted the <20G fat requirement on RFL as excluding the fish oil, since Lyle's comments on that score seemed to be specifically addressing an allowance for "tagalong" fats and carbs (which the fish oil isn't, unless you really are making your salad dressing out of Carlson's).

For me the difference in my ability to adhere is just night and day because of the reflux - I'll willingly set myself back by 40/cal a day (or ~.08 lb/wk of weight loss) if it means not having to gargle rotten fish taste and take as many handfuls of pills.
It was a dumb point I was making.. and had no real value to the topic. I guess was just sharing my preference to split hairs and revealing my obsession with macro counting. Totally worthless and counterproductive to the topic and not helpful. lol carlsons is good stuff and is an excellent product, especially when it comes to buying at a store, price and quality is usually much better than the other offerings on the shelf.

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates