BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-17-2017, 05:44 PM

Default Just starting RFL; comment on why some may be stalling

I've been reading back through a lot of posts both before and after starting the program, and it is curious to me that not once has anyone talked about the insulin response that protein causes, which everyone knows causes us to store fat instead of releasing it. And I see a lot of threads about stalling weight/fat loss, but no mention of the possibility of the person just constantly eating so many high protein meals that their insulin level never shuts down. Just an observation. I know it doesn't have as much an effect as carbs, but still does. Which is why I still compliment my RFL with IF ( usually just 16:8 or so) and before this have done several multi-day fluids fasts. If I stall, I GUARANTEE it's my weakness for chocolate (but at least now it is a low carb mug cake and not a half gallon of ice cream!)

Anyhow, I'm sure not everyone will agree with this view but that is why I enjoy this forum. Lots of interesting back and forth. And we'll see what my results are. Especially being in the " double difficult" category of older female (over 50) and a chronic pain patient to boot ( but I can still kick the young chick's butts in Zumba class!)
Unread 06-17-2017, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFchick View Post
I've been reading back through a lot of posts both before and after starting the program, and it is curious to me that not once has anyone talked about the insulin response that protein causes, which everyone knows causes us to store fat instead of releasing it. And I see a lot of threads about stalling weight/fat loss, but no mention of the possibility of the person just constantly eating so many high protein meals that their insulin level never shuts down. Just an observation. I know it doesn't have as much an effect as carbs, but still does. Which is why I still compliment my RFL with IF ( usually just 16:8 or so) and before this have done several multi-day fluids fasts. If I stall, I GUARANTEE it's my weakness for chocolate (but at least now it is a low carb mug cake and not a half gallon of ice cream!)

Anyhow, I'm sure not everyone will agree with this view but that is why I enjoy this forum. Lots of interesting back and forth. And we'll see what my results are. Especially being in the " double difficult" category of older female (over 50) and a chronic pain patient to boot ( but I can still kick the young chick's butts in Zumba class!)

You should read more.
Unread 06-18-2017, 12:10 AM

I've read tons, trust me! And just inadvertently ran into Lyle's podcast about calories so now I know how he feels about that! No matter...the proof will be in the pudding....we will see what the numbers show when I drop the protein back down, cause I haven't lost anything yet.
Unread 06-18-2017, 12:30 AM

Yes you nailed it those insulin fairies are putting fat in your cells out of thin air. You should share your wisdom more
Unread 06-18-2017, 07:59 AM

Quote:
I've read tons, trust me! And just inadvertently ran into Lyle's podcast about calories so now I know how he feels about that! No matter...the proof will be in the pudding....we will see what the numbers show when I drop the protein back down, cause I haven't lost anything yet.
There are variables you are ignoring. Your conjecture is, protein spikes insulin, stalls fat loss. Protein is to spare protein. In a caloric deficit, the energy has to come from somewhere. With a higher protein consumption, more energy will come from your fat mass, or at least, less muscle will be catabolized. It's to affect your departitioning/body composition postively, as weight loss is inevitable with an energy deficit. That is the goal. Weight loss is not equal to fat loss. There is plenty of information regarding why weight may stall, or even why weight may increase if you change the macronutrient composition of your diet. This does not reflect the efficacy of any fat loss diet. Fat loss reflects this. You lose fat by a caloric deficit. Insulin is more than you should bother thinking about, til you understand its function better.

Everyone can read. What's typically lacking is the critical thinking skills that make it possible to properly evaluate what you've read, so that you can draw the correct conclusions.
Unread 06-18-2017, 02:07 PM

you guys are a tough crowd...
Unread 06-18-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnRunner View Post
you guys are a tough crowd...
Not really. Thats like saying the world is flat then getting mad for being refuted
Unread 06-18-2017, 04:28 PM

"weight loss is inevitable with an energy deficit."

Really? Wow, I guess I should have done a lot more reading HERE on these forums before I decided to jump in. I can't imagine why I see all those threads about people being stalled or not losing.

Well, everyone's entitled to their views, and ours are definitely not in agreement. Thanks for the discussion and good luck!
Unread 06-18-2017, 08:32 PM

Quote:
"weight loss is inevitable with an energy deficit."

Really? Wow, I guess I should have done a lot more reading HERE on these forums before I decided to jump in. I can't imagine why I see all those threads about people being stalled or not losing.

Well, everyone's entitled to their views, and ours are definitely not in agreement. Thanks for the discussion and good luck!
I suppose you should read more, yes.
Unread 06-18-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
I suppose you should read more, yes.