BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-07-2017, 08:12 PM

Default Anyone find appetite almost *too* suppressed on RFL?

Just out of curiosity, not a problem -

I'm doing a run of RFL which has me at <740 cal per day. After the first few days, now that my body has adjusted to burning fat / being in keto, I find that the protein per meal on RFL is high enough (or something else about my fasted/keto metabolism is such that) I often reach the end of the day, do my reckoning, and realize that I've nearly forgotten either a meal or a shake or what have you.

Anyone else have this experience?
Unread 07-08-2017, 01:22 PM

I did find that also. I was doing a sorta IF protocol and found it was really super easy to stick to. I made my my later meals bigger though so I had a medium meal at lunch, gym, then a couple of big meals. I was stuffed and rarely hungry.
I dunno about the science of it all but i find behaviourally IF works great for adherence bfor me.
Unread 07-08-2017, 08:02 PM

yeah, PSMF kills my appetite. I'll get ravenous urges randomly sometimes. But mostly none.
Unread 07-12-2017, 12:28 AM

If you are doing the diet correctly with enough fiber (psyllium husk FTW) and very limited cardio then yes the diet is significantly easier than most would assume in the short term.

The long term adherence is more difficult due to the monotony of Food choices and cravings/temptations than true hunger in my opinion.

Extreme Rapid fat loss on the other hand... At hour 96 exactly (end of four days) I turned completely ravenous. Perhaps as hungry as I've ever been in my life

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 07-27-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matilde View Post
Just out of curiosity, not a problem -

I'm doing a run of RFL which has me at <740 cal per day. After the first few days, now that my body has adjusted to burning fat / being in keto, I find that the protein per meal on RFL is high enough (or something else about my fasted/keto metabolism is such that) I often reach the end of the day, do my reckoning, and realize that I've nearly forgotten either a meal or a shake or what have you.

Anyone else have this experience?
Yes I have had this "problem" before on RFL. On day 2 and can't wait to encounter this problem by day 4 or 5. Its always the first few days that are the most difficult.
Unread 08-17-2017, 09:28 AM

We're also seeing this.
Anyone know of a way to bump the appetite a bit? A single free meal didn't have that effect. Perhaps a single dose of *relatively* higher carbs than regular?
Unread 08-17-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MånsRinne View Post
We're also seeing this.
Anyone know of a way to bump the appetite a bit? A single free meal didn't have that effect. Perhaps a single dose of *relatively* higher carbs than regular?
idk if this is really a problem you want to try to solve. Just get your chicken/lean beef down...if you really must I could suggest this:

1.) Try to replace some protein meat with just whey. Whey isn't as filling and perhaps you'll start feeling hungry more in the stomach.

2.) This happens to me (not sure your response) but I'm usually hungry the next day after re-feeds and free meals. Almost like the Ketosis hunger blunt temporarily resets.

3.) mess with your food timing. Have one day when you intermittent fast and have one big meal. Next day split up into 4-5 very small meals. Throwing off your bodies natural timing could make you feel hungry.

4.) Cardio. Depends on person. Some get hungrier; others get more blunting. I get hungrier with more cardio.
Unread 08-17-2017, 01:27 PM

Okay.
How about tiredness? As in very sleepy almost all the time?
I'd assume it's a metabolic response, a kind of attempt of the body to conserve energy. Caffeine?
Unread 08-17-2017, 04:48 PM

I can't imagine trying to do RFL without caffeine. I would fall over dead.
Unread 08-18-2017, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MånsRinne View Post
Okay.
How about tiredness? As in very sleepy almost all the time?
I'd assume it's a metabolic response, a kind of attempt of the body to conserve energy. Caffeine?
Yeah I couldn't imagine doing RFL without caffeine. That would suck. Get some black coffee or 0 calorie energy drinks if the budget fits.

As for sleepiness, make sure you're getting your electrolytes in. That is my only explanation. Sometimes in the morning I sit at my desk and I'm straight up just sleepy. Can't explain it. I think it is one of those things you gotta deal with.