BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-30-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRguy View Post
Just finished making this recipe and it tastes great! I haven't even put in the salsa yet!

Thanks for the awesome recipe! Now I can give my George Foreman grill a break.

Glad you liked it! I just finished eating a bowl myself.
Unread 03-31-2010, 04:14 PM

Thanks man, this is phenomenal. It's hard to believe that it's nothing more than some good seasonings, and time...
Unread 04-05-2010, 05:24 PM

what kind of salsa is best??

- Kross
Unread 04-05-2010, 05:27 PM

Made this tonight, it was great, easy to do. Nice to have a new recipe for my repetoire.

Thanks.
Unread 04-05-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kross View Post
what kind of salsa is best??

- Kross
Not sure if you mean best tasting or best calorie wise, but I use Pace or the cheap equivalent. I don't like the big chunks of onions and peppers, so I stick them in the blender before I mix it with the chicken lol. As for nutrition, I think there is like >10 calories per serving...2 carbs.
Unread 04-06-2010, 09:25 AM

I make something really similar to this in the crockpot - I use a big can of diced tomatoes and broth in place of the water and cook on low for 8 hours. Yum! I'm not doing low carb so I use the remaining liquid and a can of beans to turn some of it into white chili. I'm having that for lunch today, as a matter of fact!
Unread 04-27-2010, 01:46 PM

I have been making this with turkey breast tenderloins that come prepackaged, because that's what I had, and my own salsa. It is fantastic. I find I can make it 2# at a time, and it is easy and very satisfying. I like to eat it 8-12oz. at a time with an ounce or so of FF shredded cheddar melted over the top. YUM!
Unread 08-25-2010, 10:41 AM

Apologies for the thread necromancy, but I adapted this recipe for a slow cooker and thought it was worth sharing.

I scaled up the spices by 1.5x - so 1.5 tsp salt, 3 tsp chili powder, etc. I mixed that in with about 1.5 cups of medium Picante salsa. Then I placed my chicken breasts (about 1.75 pounds' worth, but I'm going to start just making four meals' worth at once) in the bottom of the Crock Pot and coated it with the spice-laden salsa. I laid some chopped zucchini, asparagus, and a red bell pepper on top of that and put some lite salt, black pepper, and garlic powder on the veggies. Then I let it cook overnight - for about 8 hours - on low.

Suffice to say that this tastes like something I'd get in a restaurant. It's absolutely delicious, and the fact that it's RFL-friendly (just chicken, veggies, spices, and salsa) makes it that much more awesome. I'll probably make this every day for the duration of my RFL run, and who knows, once I switch to a more regular diet, keep doing it with potatoes and some fats dumped in.

Anyway, thanks for the awesome recipe idea, OP :-).
Unread 09-01-2010, 02:10 PM

This looks great - I may go home and fix it tonight! Today is my first day on RFL and it doesn't feel too great. I don't think I fixed enough veggies, I only have 1 cup per meal and I'm only having about 3 oz of protein per meal. I'll have to plan better tomorrow. I need to figure out how to add the cheese in to jazz up the meal. Since I know that 3 oz of chicken gives me the protein I need per meal - I'm just too lazy to do the math to adjust the chicken portion with the addition of the cheese. ) sad... )
Unread 09-06-2010, 10:07 AM

Thanks Zug..I love using the crockpot, makes everything so easy..Definitely going to try this...Still on RFL & am sold on the program...Consistent results speak for themselves..Best diet I've found!
Dante