Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-26-2019, 12:28 AM

Bench
Bentover Row
Seated OHP
Pull-ups
Graviton Pull-ups
Tris and Bis

Being able to do a pull-up again was one of my goals when I started, almost a year ago, now. Being able to bang out a couple sets at the end of a workout is the best feeling in the world right now.

I feel like my endurance might be improving some. No increase in any of the weights or the volume, but it felt better, and I feel good right now. Tbh, I'm surprised that I'm not more tapped from yesterday's deadlifts, even if they were relatively light at 5x5.

Workout was cut short, because I didn't feel like driving to my normal gym, and the commercial place I lift closes at 10. I'm going to try to discipline myself to do some abs. Annoyed that I get a chance to close out with some carries.
Unread 01-29-2019, 03:19 AM

Squats
RDL
Belt Squats
Razor curls
Reverse hypers

All of the hamstring stuff feels very novice. Like I'm not getting good activation. Or maybe there's just not much there to activate. I was told they looked alright, so whatever. Started loading my squats. Felt good.

Did abs w my an wheel, at home, since this is Monkey Island - monkey see, monkey do Feel like they'll be sore tomorrow.

All in all, volume is starting to feel better. I don't feel like running home after my third exercise, so that's good. Still can't get myself to stick around for calves.

I'm going to start learning o-lifts. I figure I can still the movement parreens, at home, with a bar and two 5kg bumpers, and not mess with my recovery. No specific plans for actually training them, for now, just getting the motor activation train rolling.
Unread 01-30-2019, 03:54 AM

Upper body.

My overhead press sucked, and I'm not sure why. Seems strange, after a weekend off. Shrug.

I had to leave the gym before doing arm iso, so I did pull ups at home throughout the night, until the concentric got rough. Once I was only good for a triple, I switched to singles, with five second negatives. My arms felt pleasantly rubbery by the time I was done.

Ab roller two days in a row turned out to be a no-go.

I feel like I'm growing, but I don't really track.
Unread 02-01-2019, 01:57 AM

Legs.

Focus was on deadlifts, today. I was getting feedback, so I did a lot of them.

Followed with safety bar good morning, reverse hypers, leg press, leg curls, leg extension, seated calves. I was pretty trashed after the deadliest, though.

Still sore from the abs.

Got an early morning, tomorrow, so I may take a rest day, before hitting upper body again.
Unread 02-04-2019, 03:48 AM

I did upper body but didn稚 bother to post about it.

I hope I start growing soon, because I知 certainly not getting stronger. I do feel like I feel fuller, in some places, shoulders in particular.

My abs are finally not sore, from last Monday. I知 going to do these 1x / week, to start, and bump it to 2x / week, a few weeks from now.

I知 tightening up my diet. Always getting at least 75 go PRO per meal, remembering to take my fish oil. I think my carb intake has been low, too. I need to stop being slack about it and weighing myself more often, so that I can adjust if I知 under shooting my calories.
Unread 02-05-2019, 02:50 AM

Lower body. Nothing special. I知 getting more comfortable handling volume on the squats. Endurance is going up.

I feel like I知 getting better at loading the hams, on my RDL. And my grip endurance is improving.

Thought I was recovered from last week痴 abs, but the ab wheel hurt like .... I guess I値l put it off another few days. Frustrating. Eating went well today.
Unread 02-09-2019, 01:04 AM

First day of upper body went great this week, strength and endurance both up. I think I must致e been at maintenance, until recently. Upping carbs.

Last night was my hams-first leg day: deads, good mornings, speed squats. Tried some stuff after, but was hosed. Did get in calves, actually.

Today my lower back is sore. Which means the weekend is probably going to suck. Did upper body, tonight.

Good week.
Unread 02-16-2019, 11:25 PM

Week went really well. Pushed poundage up rather than volume. My endurance is getting better. Started doing metabolic stress drop sets for bis and tris, kind of just for the fun of it. Felt good.

Endurance is up on my deadlifts, which I suppose is probably my best overall measure of increased work performance. I've been doing my hams-forward legs day with a coach, because I'm not young and dumb enough anymore to subject my back to my idiotic intuitive sense for big lifts. I did belt squats and leg extensions for quads, because I wanted to leave my back alone after deads and RDLs.

Found my scale and the battery was dead. Bought batteries only to find that I need a tiny screwdriver to change said battery. Weighed in at 219.8 on the scale at the gym. I need to fix my scale at home.

I am very happy that I've been cranking out pullups, at the end of my upper body days, if I've been doing them at 220.