BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Administrator

I knew it was a mistake talkign about bodybuilders in that post. Realistically, given how the generic bulk is set up, the only days someone might do active recoveyr would be the off days. So if you're training Mon/Tue/Thu/Fri that gives you Wed/Sat/Sun off. You could make Wed/Sat off and I'd just do light cardio as per the Cardio and Mass Gains. Nothing else will really fit.
Unread 02-20-2010, 01:51 PM

i cant read
Unread 03-12-2010, 09:55 PM

Seems like my question in the endurance methods thread sparked this... For the record.. I went with passive recovery for my day off, as mental rest is important too.
Unread 06-26-2010, 12:07 AM

Good evening Lyle..you mention in the article that sipping on a protein/carb drink during active recovery may have growth benefits. However I don't believe you advocate for during workout supplementation on regular lifting days. It seems you generally recommend whey/apple 30-60 mins preworkout, but nothing during. Even with the whey/apple pre workout on regular days, would a more anabolic environment be created by additionally sipping on, lets say, a BCAA and carb mixture during your workout which as you state could be beneficial for an active rest day? Or would that be generally pointless given you consumed adequate protein/carbs pre workout with the whey/apple?

I understand this question may portray an example of your most current article however it has been stated that around workout nutrition is important as far as results pertain.

Best Regards
Unread 06-26-2010, 07:24 AM
Administrator

I don't recall ever recommending whey/apple so I think you're confusing me with someone else. And I talk about during workout nutrition in The Protein Book.
Unread 06-26-2010, 02:37 PM

I apologize for the mistake..to perhaps better rephrase, given sufficient pre workout nutrition, is it beneficial to consume BCAA's/carbs during workouts even if the workout isn't for active recovery? It is only 1 question so I would prefer not buying the book for this singular yes or no answer although I'm sure the book has much I could learn.

Best Regards