BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-14-2010, 12:40 PM

Lyle, when you wrote that the consumption of protein more frequently than every 3 hours may/is potentially detrimental for mass gains from a MPS standpoint, is that time frame from the beginning of a meal or the end? I have experimented with IF and my meals can last close to an hour.

i.e. which of the following is correct?

1) eat 1pm-2pm then eat at 4pm = 3 hours between a protein response

or

2) eat 1pm-2pm then at 4pm = 2 hours between for protein response

Thank you for your time
Unread 08-15-2010, 02:57 AM

It should theoretically be from the beginning of a meal to the beginning of the next meal, as that is when the blood AA levels begin to rise, but realistically larger meals of longer durations would keep AA levels elevated for longer and you would have to space them out more to compensate. IF may be an exception as you have an extended fasting period which increases sensitivity to protein feedings, so as long as you get in your 3 meals within the 8hr feeding window you should be fine.
Unread 08-16-2010, 07:29 AM

Thanks a lot Blade!
Unread 09-21-2010, 05:30 PM

I would say eating a meal 1 hour after your workout and having your post workout shake (which may be 50g's of protein and let's say 75g's of carbs)...would mostly come from...after I have my protein-carb shake after I workout...I can't eat at all I'd probably feel sick...but an hour later I am a VERY hungry person. I always eat an hour after a workout...I drink that shake, my stomach settles..and then I'm starving lol
Unread 09-22-2010, 03:50 AM

when is protein synthesis the highest in advanced trainees? Ive read that protein synthesis is only elevated for like 16 hours in people who have closed in on their genetic potential.

After training I have zero appetite but I eat a big meal anyways. Im thinking of eating something small and/or a protein-shake and eat a bigger meal a couple hours later because Im hungrier then. I do IF btw.
Unread 09-22-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmondsparrs View Post
when is protein synthesis the highest in advanced trainees?
I think there was JUST a thread that touched on this but I can't remember what the original topic was to search for it.

Most studies find that PS peaks 24-36 hours PWO but they aren't using advanced trainees in those studies. I believe it was said to be reduced in advanced trainees but I can't remember if anything was said beyond speculation. I guess this is of no real help other than there is a thread out there if you can find it. I think Blade and mrlakramondas posted in the thread if that helps.
Unread 02-26-2012, 03:50 PM

Regarding the studies showing a tolerance to AA developing with infusing, did this also include times following resistance training?

MPS is generally elevated for 36-48 hours following this, and I'd be curious if the tolerance still exists in that situation.
Unread 03-01-2012, 01:18 AM

A few questions after reading this article:
1.If you alternate between slow protein (solid food) and fast protein (whey) the whey must be alone (without whole food such as fruit, nuts...)?.

2.I'll assume that in the research that alternates between slow protein and EAA it took less than 3 hours between meals, so that rule doesn,t apply here.

3.Why adding a fast protein (such as whey) to whole food proteins slow down even more digestion, yet with milk (which is a mixture of slow and fast protein) that doesn't happen?.