BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-16-2012, 08:21 AM
Banned

Do I need to deload while on the diet break?
Unread 11-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Banned

I just started my full-diet break yesterday, and I am loving it. My question is that ever since I started I have been going to bed really early and sleeping 10 to 11 hours per night. Is this normal coming out of an 8 week UD2 cycle?
Unread 11-13-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primalkid View Post
I just started my full-diet break yesterday, and I am loving it. My question is that ever since I started I have been going to bed really early and sleeping 10 to 11 hours per night. Is this normal coming out of an 8 week UD2 cycle?
Definitely not normal. If you've been abusing stimulants while dieting and aren't using them now that may have something to do with it.
Unread 11-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Banned

Ya I was using ECA stack, yohimbe, caffeine, synephrine, and all the other stimulants. Got good results, but I stopped using everything cold turkey.
Unread 04-14-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
It's a very good question and I don't have a very good answer at this point.

My feeling (read this as 'a gut hunch based on no actual research') is that cyclical diets (of any sort) do tend to at least 'slow' some of the metabolic adaptations. But I'm not sure that they eliminate them completely. What they might do is allow people to go a bit longer before taking a full break.

Do they eliminate the need (psych or physiological) for the break completely? Maybe....
Lyle, this question was posed to you a few years ago, any new thoughts on it now? I ask because I was running a diet with 3 weekly refeeds, hunger wasn't much of an issue and maintaining weights in the gym was a breeze. Took a break after 6 weeks (in the middle of the break now) simply because I didn't want to go 12 straight weeks dieting.