BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Administrator

I was just doing other things.
Unread 04-03-2014, 05:11 PM

I officially decided last week that no more running, period. If I ever do again, it isn't in the immediate future. I dealt with the addiction portion that initially drove it years ago. Recently, I started back because I had time and honestly enjoyed running, and could eat more. But obviously, I couldn't balance running and other life stuff. I have a demanding job, which doesn't help. Maybe I was never completely back to 100% last year when I started back. Heck, I remember as soon as my heavy legs were gone, sleep normal, and mental health was better, I started back. Maybe I should have waited...
I write this in hopes to help others who may stray into true OT'ing out. Expect no one to understand the problem (and some who don't believe it exists), unless you find that RARE person who knows what OT'ing really is (I saw 5 different doctors, talked to many others, no one could help, did all kinds of tests). You'll feel lonely, I talked to friends, family, runners, everybody and no one could figure out how running caused the problems, so stick it out. The solution.....rest. How much depends on you and your unique situation personally, and that sucks to HEAR. No magic supplement, medicine, will heal or speed it up. I tried all kinds of supplements, tests with doctors, nothing helped despite rest. Anyways, I had heavy, sore, dead legs for probably 1 year before normal feelings came. I even would wake up in the middle of the night half asleep and eat despite eating enough calories (I could not find this symptom anywhere on the internet, it went away eventually in the recovery). I had to limit walking, avoid stairs, and quit lifting weights. I slowed the recovery by digging myself in deeper by continuing to be active despite no running. Anyways, this should help.

Last edited by randyjr : 04-03-2014 at 05:15 PM.