BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-14-2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
Why not? If fat consumption is very low but still adequate, and carbs are not so high that glycogen stores are totally saturated, then what reason would there be for the body to make fat anew?

That's if I understand Caffa's hypothetical correctly.

Of course it's all theoretical rubbish with no application but still, the theoretical answer might not be "no".

Sorry I should of been clearer. But yes, BigPecsPeter interpreted what i meant correctly. I was just curious about this as it could have interesting implications such as being able to APPROXIMATE the max net fat gain (in a range of course) per month as fat intake >10% with an adequate surplus of calories/protein and carbohydrate intake being high enough to support training but not high enough to satisfy the other condition of ramped up DNL (saturated glycogen stores/ ~5-700g carbs per day).
Unread 06-16-2014, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffa View Post
Sorry I should of been clearer. But yes, BigPecsPeter interpreted what i meant correctly. I was just curious about this as it could have interesting implications such as being able to APPROXIMATE the max net fat gain (in a range of course) per month as fat intake >10% with an adequate surplus of calories/protein and carbohydrate intake being high enough to support training but not high enough to satisfy the other condition of ramped up DNL (saturated glycogen stores/ ~5-700g carbs per day).
For a number of reasons that aren't even worth writing, I think any attempt to apply something like that practically would probably fall flat on its face. These are only the realms of theory. It sounds like just another case of trying desperately to chase after tiny advantages.

Saying so, extremely low fat approaches have always been the darling of the bb community, probably for those sorts of funny reasons. Who knows.
Unread 07-20-2014, 07:28 AM

Default Macronutrient usage

At the article was stated:

`When you eat more protein, you burn more protein (and by extension, less carbs and less fat); eat less protein and you burn less protein (and by extension, more carbs and more fat)`

The body increases gluconeogenesis to transform protein to glucose as a
result of increased protein intake (as on low carb diet)

So for the illustration i`ll give couple of situations :

two guys have 4.5k daily calorie expenditure, 1st guy eats 75% fat 20% protein 5% carbs at 1.5k calories = 3k daily deficit

2nd guy eats the same amount of calories (1.5K) - 75% protein 20% fat 5% carbs

so due to increased protein intake does the body start using more protein in energy purposes and eventually the 2nd guy will lose more muscle mass as his body become more efficient at using amino acid/ protein as energy source ?

Thanks.
Unread 07-20-2014, 08:11 AM
Administrator

No. The increase in protein use for fuel is relative. It's still never that large. And you don't lose more protein by eating more protein. Any increase in protein oxidiation would be more than offset by the increased intake.

And the examples are too ludicrous to consider anyhow.