BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > The Protein Book
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-26-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmyoldaccount View Post
Don't buy Body Fortress. It could be possible it only has half the protein claimed.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comm...ement_results/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...KNm9XOVE#gid=0
^^ WOW

Gaspari's protein did poorly too!
Unread 07-28-2014, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaLoseFat View Post
Alright, sorry to triple post but I'll do the same analysis for this one.

Label is 21g protein per serving for Cappucino Rush flavor, dunno about others (assume same?). So, normalizing to 30g protein per serving: 21g x 71 servings per tub x 2 tubs in deal = 2,982g protein / 30 = 99.4 servings.

The two tubs at today's price are on special for $71.90 (is this one of those "always" specials?) + their shipping is $6.95 unless you order >$200 worth of stuff so total cost is $78.85 / 99.4 servings = $0.79 per 30g protein serving.

Which makes this one the weiner to date, from strictly a price perspective. Cursory look, seems like decent quality, it's called gourmet but anyone had it? How's the taste?
Taste is great. This deal is always on Fitrx and I've been using it for awhile. Cappacino Rush also has 100mg caffeine per scoop, so keep that in mind when you're ordering.

The "Gourmet" line is a casein/whey blend, mixes well, and as I said above it tastes as good as anything else I've tried.
Unread 07-29-2014, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druboutin View Post
Taste is great. This deal is always on Fitrx and I've been using it for awhile. Cappacino Rush also has 100mg caffeine per scoop, so keep that in mind when you're ordering.

The "Gourmet" line is a casein/whey blend, mixes well, and as I said above it tastes as good as anything else I've tried.
Also just received an email from FitRx -- enter coupon code "freedymatize" for free shipping on any dymatize products. Now is a good time to strike on that double tub gourmet deal if you need protein and want a blend.
Unread 07-31-2014, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaLoseFat View Post
Man, you made me jump up in a panic and double check my bottle of Muscletech / Six Star Cookies and Cream, fearing I am not getting the 30g protein I have been calculating, but rather they changed it somewhere and I didn't notice and have been getting 20g. But luckily, that is not the case. I just double checked my bottle and it definitely is 30g per portion. That's weird. Where do you get yours?

Sam's Club is where I got the Muscletech Cookie & Cream Bag and that's also where I checked the new (as of like Mid March) Chocolate & Vanilla flavors.

I haven't used plain water with my protein powders for a long time. Unsweetened almond milk has 30-40 calories per cup (depending on brand). I use that with Stevia to mix with my protein powders and to me, it tastes so much better. I was willing to take the calorie hit on that even when I was severely cutting.
Unread 08-25-2014, 01:40 PM

Default $40 muscletech sams

I'm at Sam's club and I just walked past the protein powder. They did that $7 off the $35 price a few weeks ago. Today I noticed they raise to a few cents under $40. I'm definitely not buying itv again.