BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > The Ketogenic Diet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-14-2016, 08:18 PM

Question More TKD questions.

I'm 207 lbs, very lean at around 160 lbs. (yes I've gained a lot of fat) and I'm planning to get back down to 160 lbs.

My question is about Ketogenic diet setup. I just finish reading The Ketogenic diet book and I just want to make sure I'm setting this up right.

I lift weights 3 days a week and do cardio 1-2 times per week (Stairstepper)

I plan on doing the TKD version of the diet.

The total calories I calculated are 2484

Macronutrients are:

180g protein
30g Carbs
182g fat.

This is based on my 207 lb bodyweight. Is this ok or should I do it based off my 160 lb lean mass?

How much coconut oil can I consume? Had trouble getting to 100g of fat today, not sure how I'm going to pull off 182g seems like a lot?

When eating carbs before workout is that my whole days 30g of carbs or do I add 25-50g on top of that on workout days?

I'm also supplementing fiber, Whey protein, creatine monohydrate, Beta alanine, and Citruline-Malate

What do you guys use to get the most fat in? Trying to avoid saturated fat as much as I can.
Unread 04-21-2016, 02:42 PM

Olive oil on meats and salad can be easy. I find deviled eggs irresistable. Yolks are a very satisfying fat for me.

Don't make coconut oil a panacea like Keifer does. There's a lot of marketing hype and well intentioned exaggetation. Another tasty way to get fat calories is by using some Smart Balance (olive oil base) on a handful of walnuts