BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-12-2017, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.browne17 View Post
I assume this question has been raised before, but after searching the sticky and other threads, I can't seem to find it.

Is there any reason to support the EC stack dosage this guy has proposed over the traditional 3x Per day, every 4 hours, dosage?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=454675.0

If you don't feel like looking, he claims that fat loss from EC stack will only be maximized by taking it on a 0 carb diet, and only pre-workout on lifting days, in a 12-week gradually increasing dosage cycle.

First post on the forums so go easy on me
Total utter completely nonsense
Unread 05-08-2017, 12:49 PM

Default Nicotine 2mg cycling with EC

Hi thread.

Old man with a new question. I take caffeine with nicotine gum for an appetite suppressant just because I can and it works.

Question: Does Nicotine+Caffeine appetite suppression work in a similar pathway as EC?

If nicotine and ephedrine work totally differently in the brain, then as the EC stack's appetite blunting starts to deminish, one could then drop the ephedrine from the stack and replace it with nicotine gum (+caffeine) for a few weeks to keep appetite away until you go back on the EC stack. You could theoretically cycle between "EC" and "NC" indefinately to keep hunger in check.

I'm surprised I haven't been able to find this question asked by anyone, but then again maybe not everyone gets as dramatically hungry as I do on a diet.
Unread 10-29-2017, 02:24 PM

Has anyone found a way to reduce ephedrine's halflife? I find that it keeps me awake late at night even if I have my last dose before noon,
Unread 10-29-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atresia View Post
Has anyone found a way to reduce ephedrine's halflife? I find that it keeps me awake late at night even if I have my last dose before noon,
You can't really reduce the half life, but you may be able to mitigate some of the symptoms. I've heard of people taking an antihistamine to help with sleep (actually, it's to resensitize beta receptors but it also helps them sleep) when running clen; since ephedrine works on the same receptors as clen, maybe that would work. Haven't tried that myself though and I really don't know if that would be helpful but it might be worth googling at least.

Alternatively, I've found melatonin and saving some of my carb allotment until before bed works pretty well. You could also reduce the dosage until you build a bigger tolerance to it. Sure, the half life is only 6 hours but that means there would still be ~25% of your noon dose in your system at midnight.
Unread 10-29-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysiologyIsPhun View Post
You can't really reduce the half life, but you may be able to mitigate some of the symptoms. I've heard of people taking an antihistamine to help with sleep (actually, it's to resensitize beta receptors but it also helps them sleep) when running clen; since ephedrine works on the same receptors as clen, maybe that would work. Haven't tried that myself though and I really don't know if that would be helpful but it might be worth googling at least.

Alternatively, I've found melatonin and saving some of my carb allotment until before bed works pretty well. You could also reduce the dosage until you build a bigger tolerance to it. Sure, the half life is only 6 hours but that means there would still be ~25% of your noon dose in your system at midnight.
Gotcha. Being active/Walking a ton definitely seems to help me avoid the issues of staying up late etc when it's just caffeine (maybe this is because activity helps clear caffeine from the bloodstream, or maybe something else entirely, I don't really know).

When it's EC it's a very different beast, no amount of activity seems to make a difference, so was just wondering if anyone had any other ideas.