BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-19-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
To answer the PSMF questions yes to both. To do it right though and get the diet set up correctly you really need to buy the book. As for the frequency question, yes the RFL workout can be split upper/lower and done ABA BAB style 3x a week, but volume is going to be even lower than the routine I said. Save the volume for after the diet is over and you are back to bulking.
Thanks! I do have the book. I missed the part about cardio but found it. So I can do cardio anywhere from 20 min/2-3x per week to 40 min/3-5x per week. I'll try to see which one fits into my schedule best.

Quote:
but volume is going to be even lower than the routine I said. Save the volume for after the diet is over and you are back to bulking.
I don't understand this part. Do you mean the volume from the RFL workout plan on the RFL forum will be less if I do it 3x/week ABA BAB style vs 2x/week only? That makes sense as I'll be splitting 2 days of work into 3 days instead.

And yes, I will likely go back to higher volume training once I get to 10-12% BF. I may have to do 2 cycles of the PSMF but let's see.

This is what it'd look like, please let me know if this is correct. Tried to make it look somewhat like Starting Strength with the squat first daily, then a pressing movement (although missing from workout B):

Workout A

Squat or Leg Press
Bench or Incline DB
Lateral Raises
Biceps
Weighted crunches
Back extensions

Workout B

Squat or Leg Press
Rows or Chins
RDL or Leg Curl
Triceps
Weighted crunches
Back extensions
Unread 04-19-2017, 03:18 PM

This is what works for me. When I am using large deficits - think 1000-1200 calorie deficit per day, up to 5 days per week - I use the routine in the RFL forum but keep the sets at 2 for each exercise. I do this 2-3x per week. If I have a smaller deficit - think 800 calories per day, up to 5 days per week - I use the same routine but bump the reps up to 3 for the main compounds, and 2 for the others. I do this 2 or 3 times per week. A lot depends on my energy levels.

And I use moderate cardio + diet to create the deficit since I have a desk job.
Unread 04-20-2017, 05:52 AM

Good article about returning to training after a layoff, which is probably more relevant than how to approach training while dieting: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...ayoff-qa.html/

Start light and low volume and progress from there. It takes some time for the body (muscle, connective tissue, etc.) to adapt to heavy weight training.
Unread 04-20-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBettor View Post
Good article about returning to training after a layoff, which is probably more relevant than how to approach training while dieting: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...ayoff-qa.html/

Start light and low volume and progress from there. It takes some time for the body (muscle, connective tissue, etc.) to adapt to heavy weight training.
I agree with AlphaBettor. If you haven't trained for a year then you come back to training as a complete novice. I'd do a 3x/week full body beginner routine and just let the muscle memory and added activity from lifting take care of the recomp for now.