BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Default Correcting a Strength Imbalance

Q&A on the main site
Unread 02-08-2011, 01:29 PM

"The other rule would be to do more sets (perhaps twice as many sets) for the weak side than the long-side."

I think you meant strong side. Great article, by the way.
Unread 02-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Whoops. Thanks
Unread 02-08-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
While this will offend those who feel that compound movements rool and isolation movements drool, my reasoning is this:
rule?

semantically it makes sense, doesn't match lexicon rools
Unread 02-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Administrator

rool -> drool

It's how the kids today talk, word.
Unread 02-08-2011, 06:04 PM

Great article. I appreciate how simple you make things most of the time. Reading other articles, people seem to complicate things unnecessarily.
Unread 02-08-2011, 10:54 PM

Exactly what I needed. First, some myofascial therapy, whether from yourself and a foam roller or a professional, would be a great complement to fixing imbalances and maintaining proper alignment. Along with yoga, though you should find out what you need specifically rather than just taking a class with 30 people or watching a dvd. A one-on-one session with an instructor, especially one with some sort of PT background, would be a good idea.

I'm wondering about what would be the best isolation exercises for some things that don't seem like they can really be isolated. I guess you just try the exercise that gets you as close as possible. For example, can you really isolate glutes? Would the reverse hyper be the best approximation? What if my gym doesn't have one (it doesn't)? Also, I feel like my lower back may be weaker on the left side, but back extensions can't be used to isolate one side.
Unread 02-13-2011, 07:24 PM

I would like you to know by recommending that there is a time and place to use workout machines and perform LSD that you will never, EVER, become an internet fitness guru.

Really simple and great article.

From most internet fitness trainers who proclaim to be the best strength and conditioning coaches on the planet most would say that you should never use machines. This is probably the first article I have ever read in over 5 years that actually recommends using a machine and you explain exactly why one should use a machine. Your article helps shed some light when using machines would be useful. I have a feeling that the person randomly checking your site will dismiss your article because you recommend using a machine to help strengthen muscles. I know a few years ago I was that guy who would think in my head when people are doing isolation exercises that they are wasting their time and machines should be eliminated from all gyms.

Last edited by paul : 02-13-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Unread 02-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Yeah, I know, I can live with it. Also read the squats vs. leg press article. At some point I'll write a real series on exercise selection and specificity. As I see it machines are a tool, free weights are a tool, you get the idea. You use the right tool for the job.
Unread 04-02-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
rool -> drool

It's how the kids today talk, word

fo' shizzle my nizzle