BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Default Dan John's Mass Made Simple

Review on the main site
Unread 03-11-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I reread it about once and a year and something in it always manages to make me chuckle or thing
Couple at the start.

Surplus "and" + "think" at the end.
Unread 03-11-2011, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Got 'em, thanks.
Unread 08-19-2012, 07:37 AM

Going to start this soon but don't want to be a fat tub of goo at the end. Do it at maintenance+plus recommendations in the book? Few PB's sandwiches here, and the weekly additions?
Unread 08-26-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriram View Post
Going to start this soon but don't want to be a fat tub of goo at the end. Do it at maintenance+plus recommendations in the book? Few PB's sandwiches here, and the weekly additions?
I did this program and gained good size and strength throughout. But on those high rep squat days you are gonna have to eat a good surplus to recover. They will kick your butt! I found just keeping my calories at a simple surplus throughout worked best for me.
Unread 08-29-2012, 08:26 AM
Banned

I'm waiting for my copy to come in the mail. After I ordered the paper back online, I found it for half price on Kindle! Oh well... Anyway I read the sample Kindle allows and it had me very intrigued. Can't wait to finish it! Can anyone tell me if Olympic lifts are involved in all his programs?
Unread 08-29-2012, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Not this one.
Unread 12-17-2012, 02:17 AM

Just bought this book and I cant wait to start bulking with this plan next month! It's pretty different from what i'm used to, but I'm expecting some good gains in mass. Lyle's review seems positive and acknowledges the author, so I cant wait to start. Has anyone read this and followed the 6 week plan? Results?
Unread 12-26-2012, 02:06 PM

Very enjoyable program. High rep squatting's not easy but if you have a solid strength foundation you will be surprised how quickly you adapt to repping 185-225 for very long, high rep sets.

The complexes are also butt kickers and you will get a lot out of them. This routine is very different from the norm and a great change of pace from "standard" routines.

The bench ladders also work very well for strength increases. I have no negative comments about the workout routine, honestly. I'd suggest it to anyone. Only thing is the diet section is very general and going overboard on PB/J's can lead to fat gain because of the high calorie content. Just be mindful of how quickly you're gaining and scale back if necessary.
Unread 12-29-2012, 11:26 PM

The book is great and I cant wait to start it. For now i'm doing the squat program that he advises. Im trying to "reteach" my body to squat properly before I start the actual program, that way I dont injure myself. I do agree about the diet section being very general, but i plan to use some of the principles i've learned from Lyles books to minimize fat gain.

Last edited by KaizokuGariZoro : 12-29-2012 at 11:31 PM.