BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Unread 06-21-2011, 08:30 AM
MacB MacB is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post

He came here a while back to try to defend himself. Go read his posts in that thread and watch him weasel around and make himself look a fool. He uses his status to dupe folks who trust him out of money they don't have for supplements don't work and is too pathetic to even take responsibility for his actions.
I just did, quite entertaining to say the least
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 06-21-2011, 08:36 AM
jigglypuffs's Avatar
jigglypuffs jigglypuffs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endz View Post
Drugs do have their place. I think in many ways they are a great equalizer; for those lacking the genetic gifts/talent as Lyle defines in his article, drugs can compensate for a lot.

But I also think they are used as an excuse by some naturals who need some reason to blame why they aren't where they want to be.
Don't forget the talent for response to drugs - some respond better than others.

But usually people over-attribute how much drugs will help without all of the work in there as well.
__________________
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. And bears.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 06-21-2011, 08:44 AM
lylemcd's Avatar
lylemcd lylemcd is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 22,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglypuffs View Post
Don't forget the talent for response to drugs - some respond better than others.

But usually people over-attribute how much drugs will help without all of the work in there as well.
You mean like the studies where drugs alone generated more LBM gain than training?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 06-21-2011, 08:49 AM
jigglypuffs's Avatar
jigglypuffs jigglypuffs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
You mean like the studies where drugs alone generated more LBM gain than training?
No, the fact that one person responds to a gram of test differently than another does on a gram of test, keeping all things diet/training the same.

Not arguing they both have positive lbm results.
__________________
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. And bears.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 06-21-2011, 08:59 AM
lylemcd's Avatar
lylemcd lylemcd is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 22,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglypuffs View Post
No, the fact that one person responds to a gram of test differently than another does on a gram of test, keeping all things diet/training the same.

Not arguing they both have positive lbm results.
The quote I'm responding to

Quote:
Originally Posted by you
But usually people over-attribute how much drugs will help without all of the work in there as well.
Drugs can clearly build muscle without any work much less hard work.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Unread 06-21-2011, 09:09 AM
jigglypuffs's Avatar
jigglypuffs jigglypuffs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Drugs can clearly build muscle without any work much less hard work.
100% agree - read the same studies (probably via you).

Wasn't trying to argue that, guess I worded it poorly.
(wasn't really trying to argue anything, for that matter)

Was only referencing that many think anyone given drugs turns into Ronnie Coleman (or Lance Armstrong, etc - pick your sport), ignoring the work still required.

A great way for people to learn this is actually take the drugs. 1g of test doesn't make you Arnold. Even with the hard work.

Hard work or not, 100% agree that 1g of test will add lbm.
__________________
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. And bears.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 06-21-2011, 09:37 AM
cdub cdub is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
He came here a while back to try to defend himself. Go read his posts in that thread and watch him weasel around and make himself look a fool. He uses his status to dupe folks who trust him out of money they don't have for supplements don't work and is too pathetic to even take responsibility for his actions.
Could someone hook a brother up with the thread link??

I love this place!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 06-21-2011, 09:45 AM
brwebbox brwebbox is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by popupwindow View Post
Interesting article.

http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1193
^ Irony here is too strong.
Wow so me requiring 8 days to recover after a 305lbs bench is clearly because I'm lazy.

Wow

I should just go train 6 days a week and sign up for a marathon since I'm clearly not working out hard enough. I should also go tell my boss I'm ready for more overtime since I'm certain I need to work harder as well.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 06-21-2011, 09:45 AM
djc djc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 712
Default

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/searc...archid=1251131
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 06-21-2011, 09:46 AM
jigglypuffs's Avatar
jigglypuffs jigglypuffs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub View Post
Could someone hook a brother up with the thread link??

I love this place!
Using this not to be obnoxious, but that it formats the url in a more friendly way than when I tried Google (and I didn't want to use a shortener):
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Aforums.l...ian+Thibaudeau
__________________
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. And bears.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.