BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > The Protein Book
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-17-2011, 12:44 PM

I was in a pinch a couple of days ago and picked up the Chocolate Peanut Butter, and was amazed at how well it mixed and tasted (fork stir and skim milk)

I did not find a bad aftertaste, and it did not taste like chalk, pretty close to a knockoff reeses peanut butter cup.
Unread 06-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
I was in a pinch a couple of days ago and picked up the Chocolate Peanut Butter, and was amazed at how well it mixed and tasted (fork stir and skim milk)

I did not find a bad aftertaste, and it did not taste like chalk, pretty close to a knockoff reeses peanut butter cup.
Keep that in mind. Cheapest protein i've tried was Pure Protein and the worst thing about it was how horrible it mixed. I could spend 3 minutes stirring the bloody thing and still be clumps all over the place. Tasted good though (vanilla).
Unread 07-07-2011, 10:07 AM

Cookies and Cream = Not my first choice, still satisfied with the Chocolate Peanut Butter
Unread 07-07-2011, 10:50 AM

Yesterday I ordered a 10lb bag of ON Whey from Amazon.
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Choc all at that weight.
If you "subscribe" then it works out to $7.20 per pound and you can cancel the subscription if you want (not sure how long before you can cancel it).

I also have Prime for free shipping, so while the $7.20 is > than the TrueProtein's $6ish, once you factor in shipping and taste (I've tried several flavors from TP even the premiums, and they all taste like toothpaste to me), the ON deal is pretty solid.

Went with strawberry this time since I'm sick of the vanilla and choc all of the time.

If you drop to 5lbs, they have way more flavors, but the savings isn't as great (still not bad).

The best tasting whey was AllTheWhey, but they seem to have gone away (they worked out some deal, sent out emails that they were not really doing the "Direct from them" thing any longer, jacked up their prices, and then shafted big existing orders - figured it was too good to be true for taste anyway and never went back)
Unread 07-07-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglypuffs View Post
Yesterday I ordered a 10lb bag of ON Whey from Amazon.
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Choc all at that weight.
If you "subscribe" then it works out to $7.20 per pound and you can cancel the subscription if you want (not sure how long before you can cancel it).

I also have Prime for free shipping, so while the $7.20 is > than the TrueProtein's $6ish, once you factor in shipping and taste (I've tried several flavors from TP even the premiums, and they all taste like toothpaste to me), the ON deal is pretty solid.

Went with strawberry this time since I'm sick of the vanilla and choc all of the time.

If you drop to 5lbs, they have way more flavors, but the savings isn't as great (still not bad).

The best tasting whey was AllTheWhey, but they seem to have gone away (they worked out some deal, sent out emails that they were not really doing the "Direct from them" thing any longer, jacked up their prices, and then shafted big existing orders - figured it was too good to be true for taste anyway and never went back)
If you're looking for best bang for the buck, Costco carries Muscle Milk 100% Whey 6lb bags for less than $30

Unfortunately, there is no Costco near me.

For July, Body Fortress has a $3 off powder coupon that I got from Redplum.
So, instead of $14.99 for a 2lb jug it was $11.99 and since it has a Nutritional Facts label, Walmart does not charge tax.

Still, I wish there was a Costco near me ;o)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0376.jpg (32.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0377.JPG (57.1 KB, 36 views)
Unread 07-07-2011, 11:25 AM

Yeah, there are no CostCo, Sam's, or even WalMarts "near" me.
(to me, driving 30 mins each way is a PITA, but I have friends in TX who do that regularly for all sorts of things)

Amazon works great for me, since I can be traveling for work and order things to be shipped to my home and be there when I get back - and I have Prime so "free" shipping (it is like $80 a year and then no additional charge for 2 day shipping and discounts on 1 day I think - I order so much that it is pretty darn close to free for me)
Unread 07-08-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglypuffs View Post
Yeah, there are no CostCo, Sam's, or even WalMarts "near" me.
(to me, driving 30 mins each way is a PITA, but I have friends in TX who do that regularly for all sorts of things)

Amazon works great for me, since I can be traveling for work and order things to be shipped to my home and be there when I get back - and I have Prime so "free" shipping (it is like $80 a year and then no additional charge for 2 day shipping and discounts on 1 day I think - I order so much that it is pretty darn close to free for me)
For those who don't have Prime, there are usually several flavors of ON that have Super Saver (free) shipping. It's not 2-day, but I usually get my orders quickly (3-5 days). Chocolate Twin Lab protein was recently on sale at Amazon for $30 for 5 pounds with Super Saver shipping. Taste is decent.
Unread 09-15-2011, 10:00 PM

I bought a jug at Walmart for $14.98 last month and another this month. The Vanilla and Chocolate taste okay to me. I just saw online that you can get it even cheaper if you buy 3 jugs at once. Three 2lb jugs for $39 and free shipping to home so that's not a bad deal at $6.50 a lb.
Unread 09-16-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhwbullhead View Post
I bought a jug at Walmart for $14.98 last month and another this month. The Vanilla and Chocolate taste okay to me. I just saw online that you can get it even cheaper if you buy 3 jugs at once. Three 2lb jugs for $39 and free shipping to home so that's not a bad deal at $6.50 a lb.
That reminds me, if any of you (or spouses, etc.) clip coupons from the weekend paper, there was one last weekend for $3 any Body Fortress product. I forget if it was in RedPlum or Smart Source. My wife is a coupon junkie.
Unread 08-05-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllGenetix View Post
i used this over the summer and it was fine. wal-mart is cheap, they don't deal with the BS. protein is protein. hell i used bodytech vitamin shoppe protein which was like 20 bucks for 5lbs for about 6 months.
That WHeyTech protein is great, has the exact profile as ON 100%