BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-12-2014, 01:44 PM

Default Recommended Reading

Can anyone recommend some journal reading (on either the epidemiological or pathophysiological side) that addresses the health risks of maintaining very low BF levels?

Ideally, I'd really love something that documents the hormonal changes that occur at very low BF levels and offers some theories for how those changes manifest as greater disease risk, shortened lifespan, lack of functionality, un-wellness, or whatever.

I'm not interested in anecdotal stuff or book-length examinations, just peer-reviewed journals.

Work on any species would be enlightening. Oddly, this is for use with dogs, not humans, anyways.

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide. And thanks to Lyle for maintaining these great forums.
Unread 08-12-2014, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Find a dog forum.

Human research won't be relevant here. Different selection pressures.

Most animals stay very lean 'naturally'. So unless you're talking about pathologically low levels of bodyfat, I'm not sure what you expect to find. And then the confound will be from starving them. NOT low bodyfat per se.