BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-28-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Absolutes are always wrong.
I suppose it takes an Englishman to see the irony in this comment

Cheers

steve
Unread 05-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Administrator

I try to make points with humor somtimes.
Unread 05-28-2013, 10:57 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_K View Post
I suppose it takes an Englishman to see the irony in this comment

Cheers

steve
Along similar lines my dad had an old favourite "I've told you a million times not to exaggerate"
Unread 05-17-2014, 08:10 PM

I don't know how mnay articles, and how many hours I have spent reading your articles. I think I have read so many that what I don't really remember any of them. I re-read some series twice over.

Most recently I read Catagories of Weight Training, The 5x5 Program, and Beginning Weight Training. One thing these all have in common is they suggest a 5x5 program for beginners. On the 5x5 program you mention that 4-6 set/rep range was reduced to 5x5 by bill star and that it has science to back it up. You of course mention that there are other options, and you do explore other options for bodybuilders, such as training personalization and the categories of wight training.

It seems that many beginners don't begin because of they can't decide which program to start and don't start any because of the fear of lossing time on a bad program. Let's say you have a client who moved past the machines circuit. Where would you put that client and how would you decide?
Would you put them on a 5x5 program like Bill Stars or would you do something fancy like a 4 day push, pull, press lift scheme. With periodization, ex 60% one week 70%, next then 80% then 90%. And each week you change the rep scheme but you always do 3 sets. So 60% week you do higher reps 90% week you do 1-3 reps. Then have alternating rep wight scheme for supplemental exercises.

Dropped $20 to have someone design me a program then I read the 5x5, and I feel like should ditch that $20 program but then I am like I spent $20 bucks on it. ( Could have picked the program apart on the websites forums by reading through each and every thread but I didn't, just wanted to be done with it and get out of the Where do I start!? mindset.

If this could be solved there would be so many more doers. Which i had your forum before I started reading all that junk on certain forums.
Unread 05-18-2014, 07:41 AM
Administrator

I discussed in excruciating detail in Beginning Weight Training what beginners should do and what the goals are including whether or not a 5X5 or higher rep program is more appropriate. And the word 'fancy' does not appear anywhere.
Unread 05-18-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
don't start any because of the fear of lossing time on a bad program

If this could be solved there would be so many more doers.
Outside of life coaching and motivational speaking, there's not really a problem to be solved for those that don't realize that virtually any lifting program is better than no program.

The information is clearly here, but the stubbornness of beginners and the inability to discern stuff from fluff just means you have to read a little more. But it's not an excuse not to already start doing. Perfection comes with time. Like the old Churchill quote
Unread 05-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah_k View Post
Outside of life coaching and motivational speaking, there's not really a problem to be solved for those that don't realize that virtually any lifting program is better than no program.

The information is clearly here, but the stubbornness of beginners and the inability to discern stuff from fluff just means you have to read a little more. But it's not an excuse not to already start doing. Perfection comes with time. Like the old Churchill quote
Hence this piece

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...plication.html
Unread 05-18-2014, 09:56 AM

Yeah dead on, great writeup, hadn't seen that one

And worth it for the comment section...
Unread 05-18-2014, 03:54 PM

You paid $20 AFTER reading the articles more than once a year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Dude View Post
I don't know how mnay articles, and how many hours I have spent reading your articles. I think I have read so many that what I don't really remember any of them. I re-read some series twice over.

Most recently I read Catagories of Weight Training, The 5x5 Program, and Beginning Weight Training. One thing these all have in common is they suggest a 5x5 program for beginners. On the 5x5 program you mention that 4-6 set/rep range was reduced to 5x5 by bill star and that it has science to back it up. You of course mention that there are other options, and you do explore other options for bodybuilders, such as training personalization and the categories of wight training.

It seems that many beginners don't begin because of they can't decide which program to start and don't start any because of the fear of lossing time on a bad program. Let's say you have a client who moved past the machines circuit. Where would you put that client and how would you decide?
Would you put them on a 5x5 program like Bill Stars or would you do something fancy like a 4 day push, pull, press lift scheme. With periodization, ex 60% one week 70%, next then 80% then 90%. And each week you change the rep scheme but you always do 3 sets. So 60% week you do higher reps 90% week you do 1-3 reps. Then have alternating rep wight scheme for supplemental exercises.

Dropped $20 to have someone design me a program then I read the 5x5, and I feel like should ditch that $20 program but then I am like I spent $20 bucks on it. ( Could have picked the program apart on the websites forums by reading through each and every thread but I didn't, just wanted to be done with it and get out of the Where do I start!? mindset.

If this could be solved there would be so many more doers. Which i had your forum before I started reading all that junk on certain forums.